Web n Walk with the Jamin

Guest pizzadude

Guest pizzadude

hi Guys,

I need help! I jumped straight onto T-mobile's web n walk tariff when it came out, and got the sony w810i- I then sold that and bought an I-mate Jamin (which I always intended to do). Now, I find out that it's not as simple as just putting the web and walk settings into my phone, I cant actually get web and walk on the jamin, as it's not one of their supported handsets! I explained that the compact and Vario were pretty damn close, but still they wouldn't even give me out their settings! I am in dire straits, the only reason I got the jamin was to enjoy the internet on it, and now (it looks like) I'm stuck with wap which costs a fortune compared to the web n walk package which of course I'm still paying for! Has anyone got any ideas/ any settings that would work? Please!

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm using WnW on the JAMin no problem.

Just log into Club iMate and download the operator settings for T-Mobile... (a CAB file)... problem solved!

P

Guest pizzadude

Thanks a lot guys, I really really hope this works! Sorry for being dumb but I clicked into the clink above, and am not sure which settings to input. I already have the gprs settings in the device, which ones are the Web n walk ones- I can see 'for the users of t-mobile web n walk use....' but this username and password, what settings do i put them with???

Guest pizzadude

Paul,

On Club Imate, the CAB file for T- mobile uk wireless setting is below: What's the difference between this and the one you gave me?

T-Mobile_UK_Contract_SA_UN_V3.00.CAB

Guest pizzadude

I copied the CAB file over to the jamin, and then went into file explorer. found the new file tried to download it- it said the new file will replace old t-mobile settings- pressed ok, then it said 'could not remove old settings, continue anyway?- pressed ok, then it said 'can not install new settings, try different location' tried that and it just came up 'can not install'

Tried it a second time, and this time, it just bought up the 'try new location' bit and then 'can not install'

I dont know where I am now! or what's going on!

This is turning into a disaster!

Guest rizzles
I copied the CAB file over to the jamin, and then went into file explorer. found the new file tried to download it- it said the new file will replace old t-mobile settings- pressed ok, then it said 'could not remove old settings, continue anyway?- pressed ok, then it said 'can not install new settings, try different location' tried that and it just came up 'can not install'

Tried it a second time, and this time, it just bought up the 'try new location' bit and then 'can not install'

I dont know where I am now! or what's going on!

This is turning into a disaster!

Have you tried ringing them up and just telling them that you have a vario?? This may work if they send you the settings.

Guest pizzadude

I cant find anywhere to delete the settings! How do I do that? It is not in add/ remove programs, and in 'manage connections' there is no option to delete??

Guest pizzadude

I cant find anywhere to delete the settings! How do I do that? It is not in add/ remove programs, and in 'manage connections' there is no option to delete??

Guest confucious

Start->Settings->Connections->connections-Mannage existig connections

Tap and hold on connection then select delete

Do this for all connections.

Guest pizzadude

Fantastic! It worked, and I've downloaded the CAB, and it's all working fine! Thanks a lot for your help- just have to wait for the next bill to come in, to see whether they charge me per kb, or the WnW package deal which I've signed up to! I hope it all works out. thanks again

Guest confucious

Great :)

Glad it's sorted.

If you've signed up to unlimited data you wont be charged. I used 84Mb in my first month, I would have been a bit concerned had they charged me per meg :D

I'm sure my usage will go up now I have push mail.

Guest pizzadude

One thing that does concern me is that in the Link above to the written settings, it says that for WnW users, the user name should be t-mobile and password, one2one. Now on my settings, which I downloaded from the CAB file, my user name is set at 'user', the password is just stars so I can't see it, and not sure what this is. This username/ password combo is identical, along with everything else to either the GPRS Internet settings, or the GPRS WAP settings (dependant on what the password is). What is your username and passord set to for WnW???

Guest confucious

My user name is user and password is one2one - I dn't think the otherusername and password were there when I set mine up. Doesn't seem to make any difference.