Web n Walk 200

Guest nuttyphilt

Guest nuttyphilt

Hi,

I signed up for Web n Walk 200 (the one with 200 minutes and 40MB data) just before Xmas on an 18mth contract with 12 months half price. Now supposedly it was half price for the first 6 mths, full price for 6 mths then half price for the last 6 mths, then half price forever. Problem is (well not really a problem) is that I've now been billed for the 8th month and it's still half price.

Anyone else seeing this too? I wonder if/when the full price will kick in :)

Full price looks a bit pricey compared to their new tariffs (?38 + ?6 (100 txts) - ?3 self service = ?41 per month), but Flext 25 + wnw = ?32.50.

When the full price kicks in I think I'm going to change to one of the Flext contracts with the ?7.50 wnw add on. I don't remember when I signed up for the contract how long I was tied into the tariff - anyone know when I can change it, and if I can change to a Flext tariff?

Guest steve_smith
I signed up for Web n Walk 200 (the one with 200 minutes and 40MB data) just before Xmas on an 18mth contract with 12 months half price. Now supposedly it was half price for the first 6 mths, full price for 6 mths then half price for the last 6 mths, then half price forever. Problem is (well not really a problem) is that I've now been billed for the 8th month and it's still half price.

Anyone else seeing this too? I wonder if/when the full price will kick in :)

I'm in the same situation as you (thanks for pointing it out, because I hadn't realised I was in month 8 or 9 of my 18 month contract already!).

I joined in November 2005. I was under the same impression as you. 18 month contract, 12 months half price (months 1-6 then months 13-18 and there-after).

Since then, I've had 8 monthly bills (plus one more for the "part month" when I first joined).

Bill 7 and 8 are still showing my monthly price plan discount of ?18.72.

Anyone else?

Steve.

Guest steve_smith
Self Service Half price line rental (months 1-9 and 16-18).

You will get billed for full amount between 10-15 months.

Ah, ok thanks for clarifying. That does sound familiar now.

Steve.

Guest simonclark123

I spoke recently to a T-Mobile Customer services person, who assured me that, yes, before the price goes up to full price (month 10), I could indeed change to a Flext tariff.

He also reckoned I could change down to a lower value tariff than I'm on (I'm on Web'n'Walk 400 - full price ?55).

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Guest chrisms_cotland

Whats Web N'Walk like, I mean is it restrcited access to the net in anyway? Well beyond banning Voip?

I was going to go for O2 but as the equipment is the same I feel I would probably be better on T-Mobile with Web N'Walk as its cheaper, I was told as I am not a business I am not allowed a data only tariff from O2.

Guest simonclark123

Web'n'Walk is not restricted as regards Internet access: however no voip as you say - also if you want to use phone as modem, you'll need Web'n'Walk Pro bundle.

Rumour has it that Orange are now offering similar package to Web'n'Walk at ?8 pm

Regards

Simon Clark

Businesss Telecoms

Guest dr who
Web'n'Walk is not restricted as regards Internet access: however no voip as you say - also if you want to use phone as modem, you'll need Web'n'Walk Pro bundle.

Rumour has it that Orange are now offering similar package to Web'n'Walk at ?8 pm

Regards

Simon Clark

Businesss Telecoms

Have you got a reference to that Orange deal. Last I knew O were point blank refusing to match TMob data tariffs.

EDIT - just spotted it on Modaco http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=243312

Guest chrisms_cotland

I know the O2 Xda Mini S and T-Mobile MDA vario are the same, but asthetically do they look the same? On the website the T-Mobile looks grey rather than silver.

Guest nuttyphilt
I spoke recently to a T-Mobile Customer services person, who assured me that, yes, before the price goes up to full price (month 10), I could indeed change to a Flext tariff.

He also reckoned I could change down to a lower value tariff than I'm on (I'm on Web'n'Walk 400 - full price ?55).

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Any reason why you say 'before the price goes up'? I assume I'll be able to change after the price goes up to full price (because I'll probably forget to change until the first full priced bill comes in!)?

Guest markda2000

Tmobile changed their 1'2 price deal from first 6 months and last 3 month half price to first 9 months and last 3 months half price (although the CS I spoke to did not seem to have a clue)

You can downgrade a plan after 6 months.

I took out my phone in November and have used the nine months now as of the 4th August I will be on flext 25 with web n walk option.

The old plan was good but the new unlimited date seems superb.