• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

FragMeister

FragMeister

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:MDA Compact IV<br />MDA Vario II<br />MDA Compact<br />Original SPV
  • Devices:MDA Compact IV
I am thinking of getting the ?7.50 SIM ONLY Pay Monthly SIM (and then add the Web'n'Walk to it)

If I then want to get a new Flext Contract, would I get stung for the new contract as an "upgrade" or would the phone be considered as a new contract.

I would want to take my SIM only number with me onto the new contract.

I guess that I could port to a PAYG number and then back again, but if possible would want to avoid the hassle!

Posted Image

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

I am thinking of getting the ?7.50 SIM ONLY Pay Monthly SIM (and then add the Web'n'Walk to it)

If I then want to get a new Flext Contract, would I get stung for the new contract as an "upgrade" or would the phone be considered as a new contract.

I would want to take my SIM only number with me onto the new contract.

I guess that I could port to a PAYG number and then back again, but if possible would want to avoid the hassle!

Not entirely sure but I would *guess* that they wouldn't port your number. I would suspect it isn't possible to 'upgrade' to a fully fledged FlexT contract from the Pay Monthly. I may be wrong though. The port to PAYG and back again would work though.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Have you tried phoning T and asking them?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Will

Will

Retired

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests::)
  • Devices:c600
Even better email them, (everything in writing then, explaining the situation, I recently did a similar thing, and after initially finding out that 'you don't get a subsidised phone'. they reversed this, and now i have a hermes :)

Phones:
SPV-C600 - MoDaCo Special Edition
SPV-M5000 - Prize!
SPV M-2000 - Ebook Reader
3g: Orange MOC

graeme2b

graeme2b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi guys

Because its a contract you could change your tariff to a flext but this means changing your commitment term. from a month at a time to 18 months. also you wouldnt obviously get a new phone either. You could port the number to a seperate Pay as you go sim on a different network ie Virgin. then port it back having made one chargable phone call on that network. but that would mean about 2 weeks at least messing around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users