Pay Monthly SIM Only -> Contract

Guest FragMeister

Guest FragMeister

I am thinking of getting the ?7.50 SIM ONLY Pay Monthly SIM (and then add the Web'n'Walk to it)

If I then want to get a new Flext Contract, would I get stung for the new contract as an "upgrade" or would the phone be considered as a new contract.

I would want to take my SIM only number with me onto the new contract.

I guess that I could port to a PAYG number and then back again, but if possible would want to avoid the hassle!

I am thinking of getting the ?7.50 SIM ONLY Pay Monthly SIM (and then add the Web'n'Walk to it)

If I then want to get a new Flext Contract, would I get stung for the new contract as an "upgrade" or would the phone be considered as a new contract.

I would want to take my SIM only number with me onto the new contract.

I guess that I could port to a PAYG number and then back again, but if possible would want to avoid the hassle!

Not entirely sure but I would *guess* that they wouldn't port your number. I would suspect it isn't possible to 'upgrade' to a fully fledged FlexT contract from the Pay Monthly. I may be wrong though. The port to PAYG and back again would work though.

Even better email them, (everything in writing then, explaining the situation, I recently did a similar thing, and after initially finding out that 'you don't get a subsidised phone'. they reversed this, and now i have a hermes :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest graeme2b

Hi guys

Because its a contract you could change your tariff to a flext but this means changing your commitment term. from a month at a time to 18 months. also you wouldnt obviously get a new phone either. You could port the number to a seperate Pay as you go sim on a different network ie Virgin. then port it back having made one chargable phone call on that network. but that would mean about 2 weeks at least messing around.