• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DeanPall

DeanPall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Touch
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I need the help of someone in the know. I've recently moved into a rented house and it is not practical or cost effective to get a BT landline and broadband installed. I've been using a T-Mobile PAYG sim in my MDA Compact II and hooking this up to my laptop to get online. The problem is that this is costing ?1.00 per day and its painfully slow. Anyone got an idea for a cheap way of getting online with a quicker connection? I've checked the T-Mobile website and if the information on it is accurate, it looks like my postcode (PE9 2GJ) is not covered by 3G. Looks like 3's network does covers this area but they don't offer an all you can eat for a fee service so going with them would be expensive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

richard_d

richard_d

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I need the help of someone in the know. I've recently moved into a rented house and it is not practical or cost effective to get a BT landline and broadband installed. I've been using a T-Mobile PAYG sim in my MDA Compact II and hooking this up to my laptop to get online. The problem is that this is costing ?1.00 per day and its painfully slow. Anyone got an idea for a cheap way of getting online with a quicker connection? I've checked the T-Mobile website and if the information on it is accurate, it looks like my postcode (PE9 2GJ) is not covered by 3G. Looks like 3's network does covers this area but they don't offer an all you can eat for a fee service so going with them would be expensive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Might be worth trying a 3G phone, if you can borrow one from a friend, to see if you get T-Mobile 3G - the maps aren't that accurate.

Richard

Richard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous phone - Nokia 6630, Previous Mobile Windows Device - IBM z50 !

shenson

shenson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:SPV550
Note that some older 3G handsets wont work with T-mobile SIMs. So be careful if you intend to get a cheap 3G handset off ebay... Some older motorola (A835 for example) and NEC handsets have problems. I found this out the hard way :)

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario
I would suggest getting blueyonder broadband (if its in your area) on the lowest but highest connection speed - something like half a meg for 15 quid a month - well worth it for your situation :)

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users