mms options not available on 02 xda mini!?!

Guest meeshoo

Guest Pondrew

Sounds like you haven't allowed the O2 customisation (extended rom) to run and so the mms setup cab wasn't installed. Quickest solution is a hard reset and allow the device to customise itself on startup...

Guest meeshoo

ok... ultimately i've done that ...but i still don't have it... i have installed total commander i tried as i read other threads and wrote \extended_rom\ but doesn't happen anything. is there a possibility that my phone to miss the cab files alltogether? can i only by installing a new cab install the option? The same problem is with photo contact. I heared that this option is bundled i...:) don't have it ... do i need another WWE version I have WWE 1.12.00

Guest daedalia

Did you use the Big Storage ROM from the XDA developers site?

Better question; what's the exact name of the file you used to flash your device?

Edited by daedalia

Guest meeshoo

someone else switched it for me, before i bought it. worked fine doesn't have any other problem but i later discovered when i tried these features. I hav eno idea about the big storage rom. i don't even know what that is...

Guest daedalia

Sounds like you have Big ROM, it would explain your problems, but don't worry, we're gonna fix you right up.

Big Storage is a ROM upgrade that does not include an Extended ROM in order to maximise the amount of free memory on the device. The Extended ROM installs software automatically on hard reset such as operator customisations, MMS, GRPS settings etc. As it's on the phone, it takes up memory. Big Storage relies on people copying and storing the Extended ROM on their PC before flashing their phone with it. Once flashed the user has to install the Extended ROM manually from their PC.

Go to the link below and download o2_mini_extrom.zip:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ni+extended+rom

Inside is a file; MMS_v2.0.0.16_Magician_WWE_20041115.CAB. Copy it to your device and click on it using file explorer, this should install it. The other files in the zip install other features and settings but I'm not sure which is which. A lengthy search on XDA Developers should reveal what each is so you can choose what you need, or you may just want to install them all. Try the MMS cab file and let me know how you get on.

Edited by daedalia

Guest meeshoo

i've downloaded it unzipped and installed mms... now i get the settings i get the new tab in messaging but when i click on new doesn't happen anything. i've soft reseted couple of times... i've made the apropriate settings accordingly to my network (vodafone)

Guest daedalia

Sorry, assumed you were with O2, I'll find the voda one for you tomorrow, might make a difference. Describe the screen you see when you boot up the device after removing the battery.

Guest meeshoo
Sorry, assumed you were with O2, I'll find the voda one for you tomorrow, might make a difference. Describe the screen you see when you boot up the device after removing the battery.

it starts as before not anything changed . someone sent me an mms it apeared as the sms message near the signal strenght bar. i downloaded ,appears in inbox with sender and subject but when i open it looks like a maximizing window but nothing happens.same story with touching new ...

and please is there a site where i can get the user manual for o2 xda IImini? i tried at seeo2 but thr imei isn't working

Edited by meeshoo

Guest meeshoo
Again XDA Developers should have it or HTC, the manufaturers of your device.

What I meant before was what image do you see when the phone boots up?

the image is showing a phone and says Todo Phone Edition with a site attached but the site doesn't work. what should appear?

Guest daedalia

Yeah that's definitely Big ROM and the source of your problem. We're on the right track to sorting you out. When I finish work I'll find the Vodaphone version of the Extended ROM for you and we'll go from there.

Guest daedalia

Ok, hard reset your device (hold the power button in and press the pin hole reset button on the bottom of your device with the stylus). Make sure you back up your information. If you did it right you'll go through the device set up. Once done, install all the .cab files from the location below, don't worry about the .exe's:

ftp://xda:[email protected]/Magi...ct_WWE_1.11.204

That should do all your settings and software, fingers crosed. :)

Edited by daedalia

Guest meeshoo
Ok, hard reset your device (hold the power button in and press the pin hole reset button on the bottom of your device with the stylus). Make sure you back up your information. If you did it right you'll go through the device set up. Once done, install all the .cab files from the location below, don't worry about the .exe's:

ftp://xda:[email protected]/Magi...ct_WWE_1.11.204

That should do all your settings and software, fingers crosed. :)

i downloaded just a few of the cabs because it requires a password. i tried my user name ans pass didn't worked. i have one question how can i disconnect GPRS once connected? it's eating my battery do i have to soft reset every time?

Guest daedalia

Goto ftp://xda:[email protected] then the folders Magician, Extended_Roms, VPAcompact_WWE_1.11.204. That should allow you to download. If not, try the username and password 'xda'.

From Extended_Roms if you goto M500_WWE1.06.175 and install Orange_GPRS_Desconnect.sa.CAB this will add a disconnect button to the GRPS notification bubble from the top bar.

Edited by daedalia

Guest meeshoo
Goto ftp://xda:[email protected] then the folders Magician, Extended_Roms, VPAcompact_WWE_1.11.204. That should allow you to download. If not, try the username and password 'xda'.

From Extended_Roms if you goto M500_WWE1.06.175 and install Orange_GPRS_Desconnect.sa.CAB this will add a disconnect button to the GRPS notification bubble from the top bar.

i've downloaded the disconnect cab works fine thanks. as the other one doesn't work i tried the idea for the earlier thread. installed only arcsoft mms made my vodafone given connection settings and works fine.:) thanks for the interest and for the help. hopefully i don't encounter any more problems but if i do i know where to come. thanks again

• 5 weeks later...

hi daedalia

i have downloaded and installed Orange_GPRS_Desconnect.sa.CAB to my xda II mini and no disconnect button to the GRPS notification bubble from the top bar appeared. i mean nothing happens.

is this applicable to all service provider in ASIA? by the way, im a globe (philippines) subscriber.