Co-Pilot or TomTom6 GPS?

Guest AndrewH13

Guest stevekdavis
i-go is still the best for me...

ever since ttn6, tried to take me on a 6 mile round trip, joining the a1m then coming off again and driving back to to almost exactly where i started...

nice... never trusted it since then....

Can you buy I-Go in the UK yet? Where did you get yours?

Guest balzer1

just to concur with Markrosoft:

I've had many GPS solutions since my old ipaQ navman jacket and TomTom has the best combination of functionality and ease of use.

iGO is much more customizable, and pretttier, and would appeal to the geek in all of use reading this, nevertheless TomTom has the best overall package (right now)

I would not even consider copilot (unless you get it free) and make sure whatever you get comes with a gps receiver with the sirfstar III chip.

Guest AndrewH13
just to concur with Markrosoft:

I've had many GPS solutions since my old ipaQ navman jacket and TomTom has the best combination of functionality and ease of use.

iGO is much more customizable, and pretttier, and would appeal to the geek in all of use reading this, nevertheless TomTom has the best overall package (right now)

I would not even consider copilot (unless you get it free) and make sure whatever you get comes with a gps receiver with the sirfstar III chip.

Thanks all for the advice, I should have TomTom6 and SirfIII receiver arriving today. Just managed to construct suction extendable mount to Brodit active attachment so ready and waiting. I hope the TomTom receiver can disable itself (from Nav6) and run other software as I have read there have been a few problems using with Memory Map and GPS Tuner (offroad) software.

Anyone tried using other software with the TTom sirfIII receiver while TomTom Navigator installed?