BlackJack firmware issues

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest The PocketTV Team

We have resolved all the issues we had on the Samsung BlackJack (you need PocketTV version 1.3.4 or later if you have a BlackJack). The latest version of PocketTV Classic (freeware MPEG movie player) is available from www.pockettv.com.

All the issues we found were caused by firmware bugs and inconsistencies. It is likely that a number of games and other video applications are affected by the same problems we had, so if you have a BlackJack, be very cautious before installing any application (especially game or video player).

We will document our findings in a few days.

Those issues can have sever consequences (device frozen or data loss). Always do a full backup before installing any application on your device.

• 9 months later...

Does anyone has experienced any issues with CreateProcess api when launching a managed application from custom homescreen dll on samsung blackjack ? I'm not able to do as yet and on all other devcies that i have tested it works absolutely fine. Is this issue reported before, is this some firmware or OS bug or there is something that i'm possibly missing?

Guest The PocketTV Team
Does anyone has experienced any issues with CreateProcess api when launching a managed application from custom homescreen dll on samsung blackjack ? I'm not able to do as yet and on all other devcies that i have tested it works absolutely fine. Is this issue reported before, is this some firmware or OS bug or there is something that i'm possibly missing?

what is the error code?

it could be a permission / privilege issue.