Wi-Fi Disabled

Guest rker

Hi guys,

I won an Excalibur aka Dopod C720w from China Mobile recently. The phone is a test unit and it has been customised by China Mobile service provider. It works great despite being a test unit but I found out that the Wi-Fi seems to have been disabled. I tried checking in Comm Manager and all other settings but couldn't find anything to enable this. I even tried viewing the registry with a registry editor but to no avail. ROM version is 1.15.706.1. I would really appreciate if someone can let me know how to activate the Wi-Fi on my phone!

Thanks heaps.

Richard :)

Hi guys,

I won an Excalibur aka Dopod C720w from China Mobile recently. The phone is a test unit and it has been customised by China Mobile service provider. It works great despite being a test unit but I found out that the Wi-Fi seems to have been disabled. I tried checking in Comm Manager and all other settings but couldn't find anything to enable this. I even tried viewing the registry with a registry editor but to no avail. ROM version is 1.15.706.1. I would really appreciate if someone can let me know how to activate the Wi-Fi on my phone!

Thanks heaps.

Richard :)

Does the final China mobile ROM have wifi enabled? if so try download it and flash the phone. If not, have you any idea if its CID unlocked? you could try flashing with another ROM (like the t-mobile dash ROM or qtek S620)

good luck with it

gr

Guest chaznet

Where do you get the T-Mobile Dash ROM...? It's not at the T-Mobile site, nor is it at the HTC site... Just wondering as I've seen other Excaliber ROMs around, but don't want to try them out if I can't put my Dash back the way it was... Thanks!

Does the final China mobile ROM have wifi enabled? if so try download it and flash the phone. If not, have you any idea if its CID unlocked? you could try flashing with another ROM (like the t-mobile dash ROM or qtek S620)

good luck with it

gr