Shoutcast on the Dash

Guest NaW7iG

not sure if anyone is aware but u can stream shoutcast stations. im using tcpmp and i guess its sDownSmarthphone which allows u to click on the "listen" link on shoutcast. and i believe u would have to select ".pls" for file association with tcpmp. im using Edge Network and can listen to 128k streams without any skips from buffering.

Guest chaznet

Consider yourself lucky then. With TCPMP on my SDA, and now my Dash, Shoutcast streams would work fine via WiFi or Edge for a while, then skipping starts with either method. Same thing with CorePlayer, the commercial version of TCPMP.

It's a known issue with streaming using these programs, which will be addressed with a streaming module in a later version of CorePlayer. TCPMP will remain the way it is as it's no longer being developed.

not sure if anyone is aware but u can stream shoutcast stations. im using tcpmp and i guess its sDownSmarthphone which allows u to click on the "listen" link on shoutcast. and i believe u would have to select ".pls" for file association with tcpmp. im using Edge Network and can listen to 128k streams without any skips from buffering.