3 replies to this topic

thecresta

thecresta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
Hi All, hope you've all had a great Christmas :D

I've got a problem with the Camera app - it no longer recognises my MicroSD card!

Well, tell a lie, it does recognise it but only on starting the app up (every bloody time :) ). A message comes up saying 'You have installed a storage card in the device. Do you want to save the captured images/video to the storage card as default? (Yes/No)'

I click yes, but it still saves to the phone memory. I go through the settings to change to the card but it only displays 'Phone' and 'Network'.

The card still works in every other way - WMP spots it, Explorer too, apps stored on it work fine...etc. The only change of activity I can think of is that I've been taking my MicroSD out over the past few days to transfer photos onto my family's PCs via card readers. I've tried a soft reset with no success (and really don't want to do a hard reset :D ).

Anybody seen this problem before?

Cheers, and a Happy New Year to you all!

Andy

Phillips C12 > Siemens A50 > Siemens A55 (flashed to C55) & Cassiopeia EM-500 > @ WoRmHoLe @ > SPV C550 > SPV M3100 > NokiMeh 5800 > Samsung Galaxy S

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
Never seen this before - but would suggest you use a card reader, copy everything off the card, format it, then copy it back and reinsert it.

I had a microsd problem for a while - although mine was that it kept not seeing the card at all. formatted the card with a FAT format and it has worked fine since.

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

thecresta

thecresta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
Hi. Given it a go, but no joy. :D

I've just noticed something even stranger -

I popped the card out and did a soft reset, but the camera app was still showing the same 'You have installed a storage card in the device...' message. There was no card inserted! :D

I've got the strangest feeling I'll be spending my new years break reinstalling everything. :)

Phillips C12 > Siemens A50 > Siemens A55 (flashed to C55) & Cassiopeia EM-500 > @ WoRmHoLe @ > SPV C550 > SPV M3100 > NokiMeh 5800 > Samsung Galaxy S

pashek

pashek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SPV 3100
Hi there, sorry to drag this up but I am currently having the exact same problem as this. Photos save to device and even with the card out I get the "You have installed a storage card...." message. If anyone has the resolution to this I'd be thankful....

Hi. Given it a go, but no joy. :)

I've just noticed something even stranger -

I popped the card out and did a soft reset, but the camera app was still showing the same 'You have installed a storage card in the device...' message. There was no card inserted! :D

I've got the strangest feeling I'll be spending my new years break reinstalling everything. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users