WM5 C500 Battery is super pants

Guest blessani

Guest blessani

Hi guys,

I have been messing with my C500. I've found its not really that useful a phone considering even the basic things like sending files via bluetooth is near impossible from standard. So I thought I'd upgrade the ROM to WM5 from WM2003, and upon doing so I've found it does look a little smarter (gradients and icon menu as standard), the battery life is unbelievable - I'm talking a standby time of around from 1 week, to about 10 hours - not good.

I know the immediate recommendation is going to be for me to downgrade, but I was wondering whether it was possible to improve the battery life at all?

Ben

Guest candyman11

get a new battery would be a good idea if yours is old.

or maybe there's many programs running while its on (causing all that battery drain)?

Guest blessani

my battery along with the phone is brand new. i think i will just downgrade, theres not many bonuses with it anyway. no, no apps are running in the b/g.

Guest Senapone

I own a "powered" C500.

My phone is on every day from 08.00 to 23.00 circa, and with 5-6 sms and 1 or 2 short call (4-5 min) my battery works for more than 5 days.

I've noticed that not all the MiniSD are the same.

This results are using a 1 GB Sandisk one.

Before the Sandisk i used a "no brand" MiniSd bought on ebay and the battery was drain after 10 hour of standby.

Guest exodus187
I own a "powered" C500.

My phone is on every day from 08.00 to 23.00 circa, and with 5-6 sms and 1 or 2 short call (4-5 min) my battery works for more than 5 days.

I've noticed that not all the MiniSD are the same.

This results are using a 1 GB Sandisk one.

Before the Sandisk i used a "no brand" MiniSd bought on ebay and the battery was drain after 10 hour of standby.

Well I have a 1Gb SanDisk MiniSD card and my battery life only lasts a little over 48hours if I leave it on standby with flight mode activated and bluetooth turned off!!

How on earth does yours last for five days, I have a 1050mAh battery but granted it is old. What mAh capacity is your battery (it tells you on the front of the battery case)?

Edited by exodus187

Guest Senapone
Well I have a 1Gb SanDisk MiniSD card and my battery life only lasts a little over 48hours if I leave it on standby with flight mode activated and bluetooth turned off!!

How on earth does yours last for five days, I have a 1050mAh battery but granted it is old. What mAh capacity is your battery (it tells you on the front of the battery case)?

It's the original Samsung 1050mAh one. :)

Mine is old too, so a year ago i tried to replace it with a new one bought on eBay.

It really sucks, so i'm keep using the old one.

I keep BT disabled but I/R receipt ON and where i live the reception is always at top.

Guest technobucks
It's the original Samsung 1050mAh one. :)

Mine is old too, so a year ago i tried to replace it with a new one bought on eBay.

It really sucks, so i'm keep using the old one.

I keep BT disabled but I/R receipt ON and where i live the reception is always at top.

I have an SP3 thats 7 months old. The battery lasts me around 48 hours. I did notice that after i changed my memory card to a 1Gb sandisk the battery does seem to last longer.

Also If I use the USB to charge the battery regularly, the battery lasts longer. maybe something to do with cleaner power source. Do not use Car charger, this caused the battery life to go down substantially.