* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

hackeradam

hackeradam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Rockin home screen fellas. One question though - is there supposed to be any functionality to the menu bar across the top? (apple, mobile, etc, etc) Or is it just there for aesthetics? If so, then I hosed up the install somehow.

Also, any plans on throwing in another plugin like Fizz Weather to fill in the empty space in the middle?

-thanks

Edited by hackeradam, 14 February 2007 - 05:17 PM.

echostats

echostats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Rockin home screen fellas. One question though - is there supposed to be any functionality to the menu bar across the top? (apple, mobile, etc, etc) Or is it just there for aesthetics? If so, then I hosed up the install somehow.

Also, any plans on throwing in another plugin like Fizz Weather to fill in the empty space in the middle?

-thanks

No, the only plugin in the menu bar is the clock. We're pretty limited on what we can do with this screen because of the scrolling dock. There will be no more MAJOR updates/changes to this skin but there are some things we will be adding. Keep checking back and soon we will have more SkinProject screens in addition to this OS X theme.

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q

No, the only plugin in the menu bar is the clock. We're pretty limited on what we can do with this screen because of the scrolling dock. There will be no more MAJOR updates/changes to this skin but there are some things we will be adding. Keep checking back and soon we will have more SkinProject screens in addition to this OS X theme.

First off, awesome skin. Great job. Regarding the menu bar, I'm wondering if phoneAlarm would work. It's a great plugin and would do all the thing people are asking for (signal strength, profile, voicemail, etc.) Just a thought.

echostats

echostats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

First off, awesome skin. Great job. Regarding the menu bar, I'm wondering if phoneAlarm would work. It's a great plugin and would do all the thing people are asking for (signal strength, profile, voicemail, etc.) Just a thought.

That's Jamma's field. Hopefully that is possible.

Jamma14

Jamma14

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Devices:T-Mo Dash

Hiya, yeah I had looked at the plugin previously and I reckon it would be able to improve the functionality of the taskbar...but it isn't free and that's gonna mean a lot of people won't be able to use the homescreen...I'll look into it and see if we can do a separate version with this plugin included (as soon as I get the PC back up and running).
James

www.JammaSoft.tk

SPV e100 ----> i-mate sp3i ----> SPV c550 ----> T-Mobile Dash

Malatesta

Malatesta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q
Strange question:

Can I run this skin suite without Smartmonitor (it utterly crashes the Moto Q from my experience)? I realize I'll loose the battery meter and memory info but I might be able to live without that.

tia

additov

additov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Guys, please..
I've been trying for an hour to figure out how to install this.

I just got my phone, so I'm whole to the new experience.
Downloaded the .rar files and do not know what to do from there.

Can please soemone provide me with some instructions on how to get this running on my Blackjack?

Thanks..

hackeradam

hackeradam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Guys, please..
I've been trying for an hour to figure out how to install this.

I just got my phone, so I'm whole to the new experience.
Downloaded the .rar files and do not know what to do from there.

Can please soemone provide me with some instructions on how to get this running on my Blackjack?

Thanks..

Did you read the thread? It's very simple. Not sure how much more simplified it can get after 7 pages of instuctions. You will need to install WinRAR to extract the rar file, it's free, google it.

additov

additov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Did you read the thread? It's very simple. Not sure how much more simplified it can get after 7 pages of instuctions. You will need to install WinRAR to extract the rar file, it's free, google it.

Noone posted intructions, and I could not find any.
I have WinZip.. and when I extract the files.. I get a bunch of cabs and misc. file types.
Am I supposed to place them in a directory?
If so, where do they go?
Am I uspposed to install it on my PC first? Phone?
I'm completely lost. =*(

hackeradam

hackeradam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Noone posted intructions, and I could not find any.
I have WinZip.. and when I extract the files.. I get a bunch of cabs and misc. file types.
Am I supposed to place them in a directory?
If so, where do they go?
Am I uspposed to install it on my PC first? Phone?
I'm completely lost. =*(

....and in those files you extracted there's one called readme - read it. Copy the cabs to your phone and run them from your phone. Run the exe from Activesync

additov

additov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

....and in those files you extracted there's one called readme - read it. Copy the cabs to your phone and run them from your phone. Run the exe from Activesync

I did read it..
doesn't say much.
Tried moving the .cab files to my cellphone..
but none of them showup when I browse my phone.
I had put it into My Documents, and even tried the Windows root.
Am I doing something wrong?

additov

additov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I did read it..
doesn't say much.
Tried moving the .cab files to my cellphone..
but none of them showup when I browse my phone.
I had put it into My Documents, and even tried the Windows root.
Am I doing something wrong?

K nevermind.. got it working.
But when I scroll my wheel up or all the way down..
half the screen gets cut off.
Is this a bug?

lkrsfn5

lkrsfn5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Dash

K nevermind.. got it working.
But when I scroll my wheel up or all the way down..
half the screen gets cut off.
Is this a bug?

try reinstalling it again but don't forget to install the sliclock on your computer with your phone connected and then install the rest of the cab files on your phone. that's what i did i it works fine now

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Hiya, yeah I had looked at the plugin previously and I reckon it would be able to improve the functionality of the taskbar...but it isn't free and that's gonna mean a lot of people won't be able to use the homescreen...I'll look into it and see if we can do a separate version with this plugin included (as soon as I get the PC back up and running).
James

I decided to try and work on a skin for phoneAlarm to go along with your great homescreen skin. I still need to work out a few issues (images below). One question: Is there any way to set your skin up so that the top plugins don't disappear when tabing through the RJshortcut plugins? Thanks again for inspiring us with such a great skin.

Attached Files

echostats

echostats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I decided to try and work on a skin for phoneAlarm to go along with your great homescreen skin. I still need to work out a few issues (images below). One question: Is there any way to set your skin up so that the top plugins don't disappear when tabing through the RJshortcut plugins? Thanks again for inspiring us with such a great skin.

Not bad but do you have to have all those icons? As we've said before, we're trying to make this as OS X as possible. The battery, the bluetooth and the missed called look almost identical to OS X and I would be interested in implementing them but what you have there doesn't look very clean. I would say that is because you threw it together but be honest, you spent some time putting that image together, changing the dock and removing the battery from the wallpaper.

hackeradam

hackeradam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

That's a sweet tweak. You got the cabs and plugin to share?

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Not bad but do you have to have all those icons? As we've said before, we're trying to make this as OS X as possible. The battery, the bluetooth and the missed called look almost identical to OS X and I would be interested in implementing them but what you have there doesn't look very clean. I would say that is because you threw it together but be honest, you spent some time putting that image together, changing the dock and removing the battery from the wallpaper.

If you are talking about the profile icons, I did just throw those together last night to test the code for phoneAlarm. I love that plugin and all the functionality it brings to smartphones. I was planning on reworking the graphics, but since I'm only doing this for myself they work for now. So, I'm a hack. I admit it.

If you are talking about the entire top bar as well, I like being able to see at a glance (and quickly access) what my profile setting is, how many voicemails I have, if bluetooth is active/inactive, signal strength, battery status, etc. Eventually, I was planning on having the apple icon flash when I receive a new voicemail, email, text message and also be able to close down/switch to open programs (tapping into more phoneAlarm functions).

For me, I primarily bought a smartphone for how it functions. I want it to work the way I need it to (another reason why I changed the dock, etc.) I think that is the big advantage of the smartphone over other options out there. What is great about forums like these is being able to tap into the creativity of people like yourself who also make it look completely awesome.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into your last post, but I only posted the images to show you the potential of phoneAlarm as a possible plugin and say thank you for inspiring us with your skin (and to ask the question I posed). I wasn't my intention to presume to offer anything for you to implement.

That being said, would you have suggestions for the graphics or maybe even some interest in cleaning them up? And, I still would like to know about the disappearing plugin issue.

waltzb

waltzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

That's a sweet tweak. You got the cabs and plugin to share?

Thanks. I'm actually still working on the configuration for the plugin. There are a few things that I'm still trying to resolve. I'd be happy to share the skin when I'm done, but as James pointed out earlier, the plugin itself is not free unfortunately.

Jamma14

Jamma14

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Devices:T-Mo Dash

If you are talking about the profile icons, I did just throw those together last night to test the code for phoneAlarm. I love that plugin and all the functionality it brings to smartphones. I was planning on reworking the graphics, but since I'm only doing this for myself they work for now. So, I'm a hack. I admit it.

If you are talking about the entire top bar as well, I like being able to see at a glance (and quickly access) what my profile setting is, how many voicemails I have, if bluetooth is active/inactive, signal strength, battery status, etc. Eventually, I was planning on having the apple icon flash when I receive a new voicemail, email, text message and also be able to close down/switch to open programs (tapping into more phoneAlarm functions).

For me, I primarily bought a smartphone for how it functions. I want it to work the way I need it to (another reason why I changed the dock, etc.) I think that is the big advantage of the smartphone over other options out there. What is great about forums like these is being able to tap into the creativity of people like yourself who also make it look completely awesome.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into your last post, but I only posted the images to show you the potential of phoneAlarm as a possible plugin and say thank you for inspiring us with your skin (and to ask the question I posed). I wasn't my intention to presume to offer anything for you to implement.

That being said, would you have suggestions for the graphics or maybe even some interest in cleaning them up? And, I still would like to know about the disappearing plugin issue.

Nice ideas with the phoneAlarm and it's good to see it probably can be gotten to work...although I agree with echostats that it is all a bit messy atm. It does sound like a great plugin though and we could probably implement quite a lot...can it do bars for battery/signal etc? If so, and it is on a similar kind of level to smarmonitor then maybe we could get the icons themselves to work as opposed to having numbers by them which is less OS X like.

Disappearing plugin issue - nope...if you want the dock to scroll you can only have one plugin per page - that's why there isn't more homescreens like this out there, the smartphone homescreen design is quite limited in what it can do and we are already pushing the boundaries with this skin. You could just draw the icons in the images for the dock if you wished to make the transition a bit smoother but that's about it.

After seeing what you've done I think that we will definitely do a version using the plugin, so thanks for the input. I'll get on it when the PC's back up and running. Out of interest do you know what the limits are on the trial version??

James

www.JammaSoft.tk

SPV e100 ----> i-mate sp3i ----> SPV c550 ----> T-Mobile Dash

echostats

echostats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Nice ideas with the phoneAlarm and it's good to see it probably can be gotten to work...although I agree with echostats that it is all a bit messy atm. It does sound like a great plugin though and we could probably implement quite a lot...can it do bars for battery/signal etc? If so, and it is on a similar kind of level to smarmonitor then maybe we could get the icons themselves to work as opposed to having numbers by them which is less OS X like.

Disappearing plugin issue - nope...if you want the dock to scroll you can only have one plugin per page - that's why there isn't more homescreens like this out there, the smartphone homescreen design is quite limited in what it can do and we are already pushing the boundaries with this skin. You could just draw the icons in the images for the dock if you wished to make the transition a bit smoother but that's about it.

After seeing what you've done I think that we will definitely do a version using the plugin, so thanks for the input. I'll get on it when the PC's back up and running. Out of interest do you know what the limits are on the trial version??

James

Yea, this homie knows whats up. Although actually, the battery and the bluetooth icons in that plugin are almost exactly like the OS X icons. So yea, once Jamma gets a mac, er, gets his pos pc working him and I can explore the possibilities of this plugin, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users