What browser do you use?

Guest touficjohn

Guest touficjohn

Personally I find myself using Pocket IE the most.

Even though I installed Minimo but found it to be very slow - maybe because its installed on my memory card.

Would like to give Opera a go, though I didn't like the PC version one bit.

What do you use and why?

**EDIT: The poll went a bit funny and I cant edit it. There should be an "Other" option which seems to have dissapeared and "Minimo/Firefox". :S

Edited by touficjohn

Guest kurtfhouse

I use IE.

I did try Opera for a while as it was a free plus benefit but to be honest I didn't really find it any better than IE so thought why bother having another app installed taking up unnecessary space?

Haven't tried the other browser mentioned so may give that a go ;-)

Guest pd.ryder

I'll avoid voting at the moment because I've fell out with the word 'browser' :)

To briefly explain, I had been using Pocket Internet Explorer for days (only had the Vario II that long) and came up with the bright idea of installing a trial of Opera Mobile.

All was well yesterday. I opened up an email on the VII this morining - a Modaco post notifier - and clicked the link. That's where the problems started. All I could get was a warning box shouting at me that the file could not be loaded (!) due to problems with it's certificate and advising I should reinstall it. What the f****! What certificate? Reinstall what file? I only want to launch the browser!

Arrrrgh!!!

Right, I thought. It must be something to do with Opera. A 'Remove Program' and restart later and the same thing is happening in PIE!!!

Arrrrgh!!!

So, now, I can't click any link in any email and just pop off to a post / page or whatever.

If anyone has any idea how I can restore this, hopefully without a hard reset - pleeeease let me know.

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest pd.ryder

Re: #4 above -

Had to suffer a hard reset today and now all is well, although I think I'll avoid Opera in future :)

Anyway, feeling much better about 'browsers' today so I've voted... :D

I use Opera. It's far better at rendering frames than PIE, even on Crossbow with high res support in IE if you have a VGA device.

Look at my own site for instance, PIE looks terrible, Opera is almost as good as on a desktop.

Guest rameses
I'll avoid voting at the moment because I've fell out with the word 'browser' :)

To briefly explain, I had been using Pocket Internet Explorer for days (only had the Vario II that long) and came up with the bright idea of installing a trial of Opera Mobile.

All was well yesterday. I opened up an email on the VII this morining - a Modaco post notifier - and clicked the link. That's where the problems started. All I could get was a warning box shouting at me that the file could not be loaded (!) due to problems with it's certificate and advising I should reinstall it. What the f****! What certificate? Reinstall what file? I only want to launch the browser!

I get the same issue all the time when using Opera but never with PIE. (Which is a real shame because I like Opera and use it on my desktop at home.)

I wonder if it's because I have Opera installed on my SD card rather than on my Vario itself. ?

Edited by rameses

Guest dskeeles
Personally I find myself using Pocket IE the most.

Even though I installed Minimo but found it to be very slow - maybe because its installed on my memory card.

Would like to give Opera a go, though I didn't like the PC version one bit.

I use PIE as standard, although I prefer Opera for rendering. Unfortunately the start-up time and lack of mapped Back button are enough to make it way slower than PIE for Ad-Hoc use.

I've also tried Opera Mini briefly, and it made me wonder why I need a smartphone at all! Ironic that the Java lightweight version is more usable and capable than the full PDA version. However, again, the lack of one-button fast access and hardware button navigation make it less useful.

Opera's the better browser for me, but PIE is better integrated. Also, I've not used PIEPlus before (just seen the page), and that seems to fill the gaps quite well.

[d]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Grim Reaper

Why does PIEPLUS only show 3 Google images at any one time?

But opera does several???

Also why does opera not let me save an image only text??

But PIEPLUS does is all.

Thanks

kev.