Image slideshow as 'Today' background?

Guest pizdyetz77

Guest pizdyetz77

Hello all & Happy 2007!

I'd like to have my 'today screen' background display a slideshow of images of my choice. My first child was born 10wks ago and I'd like to have a slideshow of pics of him rather than be stuck on the same one all the time.

Is this possible? All the software I've found seems to only let you display ready-made .gif or flash images.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

GH

Guest pizdyetz77

Hello - I'm back . . . .

I found this program (it's free which is a bonus). You choose a folder on your device that contains the pictures and it cycles through them at selectable intervals. It automatically resizes, and isn't fussy about picture format / file extension, which is refreshing!

Point to note - it's good so long as you don't actually use your Today screen for doing stuff - I use eXPerience for program menus etc so it's not a problem for me that my Today screen is now nothing more than a slideshow.

Link here for above: Download page here

eXPerience here: eXPerience

If anyone's come across anything better then please let me know.

Cheers,

GH

• 1 month later...
Hello - I'm back . . . .

I found this program (it's free which is a bonus). You choose a folder on your device that contains the pictures and it cycles through them at selectable intervals. It automatically resizes, and isn't fussy about picture format / file extension, which is refreshing!

Point to note - it's good so long as you don't actually use your Today screen for doing stuff - I use eXPerience for program menus etc so it's not a problem for me that my Today screen is now nothing more than a slideshow.

Link here for above: Download page here

eXPerience here: eXPerience

If anyone's come across anything better then please let me know.

Cheers,

GH

Do you know if PHM Pictures works on Windows Mobile 5?

Thanks. ;)

• 4 months later...
Guest shantzg001

You could also try my program shantztodaychanger which lets u cycle images or themes after ur defined interval (u can set the interval right down to 1 second)

look at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=311173

I've pointed you to the thread instead of attaching the app here because I am continuously updating it and adding new features...

• 6 months later...
Guest shantzg001
You could also try my program shantztodaychanger which lets u cycle images or themes after ur defined interval (u can set the interval right down to 1 second)

look at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=311173

I've pointed you to the thread instead of attaching the app here because I am continuously updating it and adding new features...

just an update. Now you can go to http://tech.shantanugoel.com/projects/wind...ntztodaychanger for any more updates to this software of mine plus many other things :)