USB driver for XP?

Guest Tomas Kocanda

Guest Tomas Kocanda

Hi friends,

I´m testing new SGH i60x and got it without CD, right now (weekend) cannot install almost anything, as I need Active Sync to install some applications, what I have in EXE, but not in .CAB (like Skype, what is prime target for my testing).

Please, is possible to download somewhere windows driver?

When I connect, it report new device MITS SGH-i600 USB RNDIS. Drivers are not on Samsung web site.

I have to return the phone to friend (from one of our service providers) tomorrow. Too late to chase for missing CD with drivers...

Thanks

Tomas

Guest Tomas Kocanda

I got it working...

Key was to to do multiple things:

1) remove ActiveSync and load beta 4.5

2) create new rule (ActiveSync) in my firewall application or stop it (using AVG Internet Security)

3) restart PC

All is working OK now. AS 4.2 is not working at all :)

• 1 month later...
Guest nfmMike
I got it working...

Key was to to do multiple things:

1) remove ActiveSync and load beta 4.5

2) create new rule (ActiveSync) in my firewall application or stop it (using AVG Internet Security)

3) restart PC

All is working OK now. AS 4.2 is not working at all ;)

Just found this site today, looking specifically for this fix. The AS for my Wizard would not connect to the 607. Thanks for this step by step. The only thing I did different was let the new installer remove the old version.

Any ideas on how to get AS to recognize WM Player 11?

Edited by nfmMike

Guest MadSci

There's a driver on the software disc that came with the phone. Instructions for installing it are given on the Samsung website at:

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/js...amp;AT_ID=83176

I have posted them below.

WARNING!! If you go to the Samsung site for the instrucitons, be certain you stop at the last step in the instructions shown below!!!!

The rest of the instructions on the Samsung site will update your ROM and delete ALL personal data.

Enjoy!

MadSci

Please install the SGH-i607 Modem USB drivers version MCCI 4.38 from the BlackJack Software Companion CD. Insert the Software Companion CD into your computer. Browse to your CD/DVD drive, single right click on the drive and choose explore. The modem drivers are located at \Extra\Desktop\Samsung_Modem. Next, click the Setup.exe to begin installation.

An Install Driver window will appear. Click the Install button to load the modem drivers.

The driver package has been successfully installed. Please click OK to continue.

The port mapping on your BlackJack must now be changed.

On your phone, select to Start > More > Settings > Connections > USB.

Change the default selection from ActiveSync to Modem and press Done.

Plug the handset into your computer via the USB cable. Windows should detect new hardware and begin to install new software for it. When it is finished (usually in about a minute), proceed to Device Manager to check out the status of the drivers.

To locate Device Manager on your PC, click Start Button > Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager. There should be three separate child devices, each referenced by a text box. The image below illustrates the location of the following devices you should see:

Modems

SAMSUNG Mobile Modem

Ports

SAMSUNG Mobile ModemDiagnostic Serial Port (WDM) (COM11)

Universal Serial Bus controllers

SAMSUNG USB Composite Device

If you DO NOT SEE the three child devices (Samsung Composite, Samsung Modem, and Samsung Port) or they have yellow ?’s or red x’s, it is recommend to contact Samsung Customer Care to resolve this issue prior to you attempting to flash the handset. Please contact us toll free at 888-987-4357.

If you DO SEE all the devices, the port mapping should be changed back to the original settings on the phone as follows:

Click Start > More > Settings > Connections > USB

Change the selection from Modem to ActiveSync and press Done.

Be sure to be using ActiveSync 4.2 (or newer). To check which version of ActiveSync you are using click on Help > About Microsoft ActiveSync.

Make the Connection Settings are properly configured according to the illustration below. This screen is found by selecting File > Connection Settings....

Hi friends,

I´m testing new SGH i60x and got it without CD, right now (weekend) cannot install almost anything, as I need Active Sync to install some applications, what I have in EXE, but not in .CAB (like Skype, what is prime target for my testing).

Please, is possible to download somewhere windows driver?

When I connect, it report new device MITS SGH-i600 USB RNDIS. Drivers are not on Samsung web site.

I have to return the phone to friend (from one of our service providers) tomorrow. Too late to chase for missing CD with drivers...

Thanks

Tomas