Cell Broadcast

Guest PaulOBrien

Does anyone know if T-Mobile UK makes use of any Cell Broadcast channels (e.g. for local area code like Vodafone?)

P

I would love to know how to turn the dam thing off - I have a WM5 device ( Symbol MC70 ) with a vodaphone sim in it and it drives me NUTS as ever time it finds a new cell it gets a network message and it bleeps ever dam time. :)

I only got the unit on Friday and have tried all sorts to swich it off - If I put the sim in my Nokia I can see that the call broadcast is turned off on the phone but I cant seem to find an option on the Mc70 for this type of thing. The OS is like any other WM5 unit - its just the hardware that's a bit fancy.

Try Start -> Settings -> Phone -> More and uncheck the 'Broadcast Channels -> Enable' box?

:)

P

Thanks Paul for that I will give that a bash when I get the unit back in my grubby paws.

I don't recall a "more" option on the Symbol device but there is the option on my M3100 so I am sure it must be on the Symbol unit too.

Will let you know - thanks again

Thanks Paul for that I will give that a bash when I get the unit back in my grubby paws.

I don't recall a "more" option on the Symbol device but there is the option on my M3100 so I am sure it must be on the Symbol unit too.

Will let you know - thanks again

Oh dear - looks like the symbol Mc70 does not have a MORE option under the phone options - need to get onto Symbol and ask them about it.

Thanks for your help Paul

• 6 months later...
Guest UMTSBOI
Oh dear - looks like the symbol Mc70 does not have a MORE option under the phone options - need to get onto Symbol and ask them about it.

Thanks for your help Paul

There must be a registry hack for this somewhere along the line