Spb Software House launch Spb Mobile Shell

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stripeycat

Yep, that's exactly what i want... the Now screen as my Today screen. These folks really should do more pre-release testing... beautiful looking piece of software, but it just doesn't quite have all the tweaks in it that you might feel like... <:l

By checking the option for that in the SPB Shell settings...

P

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume the feature exists in the retail version and that is what you have.

I've only the trial version, for the moment - and the Now Screen settings page doesn't have an option to check, to display calendar info.

(Cannot attach an image..............again !!)

Does anyone know how to change or remove the contact pictures in the 'Dial Tab' ?

These are the pictures of your contacts that are used as a speed dial on the Home screen, one of the four icons at the top of the screen ( Battery, Clock, Weather, and Contacts ).

I have looked at the spb menus and cannot find anything that can do this. My copy is a registered version 1.0.0

Otherwise I think it is a great application.

Cheers!!

dez16v <_<

Guest jimbouk

My trial version had the appointments option...

But I have uninstalled it... It was visually very smart and I am sure a new WM user would love it - but I have already got my device working the way I like it. I actually found it added screen taps rather than took them away.

Here we go then........

post-28465-1172091519_thumb.jpg

.....someone preserve my sanity, and explain where the calendar option is if it isn't on the page shown above.

Can anyone explain why I cannot "manage current attachments" to posts when using my PPC ?

Here we go then........

post-28465-1172091519_thumb.jpg

.....someone preserve my sanity, and explain where the calendar option is if it isn't on the page shown above.

Can anyone explain why I cannot "manage current attachments" to posts when using my PPC ?

Hi toon9,

I do not know how to load screen shots from Trinity to show you the screen that I have, but if you could email me and tell me how to do it I would gladly send it to you.

But I can tell you that my 'Now Screen' tab page has another square tick box underneath the 'Digital Clock' button that reads.....

'Show Current and Upcoming Appointments', this is ticked in my case.

If you like I could also email you with the version that I have installed.

If this is any help to you let me know at:- [email protected] ;)

dez,

The screen capture I use can be found << HERE >>

It's free and works well.

I've the free trial version of spb Mobile Shell, Version 1.0.0 Build 2632

There must be more than one veriosn out there.........??

Cheers for the help by the way

dez,

The screen capture I use can be found << HERE >>

It's free and works well.

I've the free trial version of spb Mobile Shell, Version 1.0.0 Build 2632

There must be more than one veriosn out there.........??

Cheers for the help by the way

Hi toon9,

Thanks for the screen capture software but I cant seem to assign a key on my spv m700 to take the pictures with because there is no slide out keyboard with this device and all of the exterior keys seem to be live when I try to assign them and so I cannot assign a key button to take the screen shots.

Have you any ideas how I can get round this one?

If you want, I could email you the actual spb shell software that I have to your email address, I think it only about 8.68mb in size.

Cheers...

dez16b,

You'll have to sacrifice one of the actions currently assigned to the hardware button you choose to use for the screen capture application.

Cheers for the offer of the spb shell, but to be honest I'm not that taken with it. I haven't made my mind up for sure yet - but I'm swaying towards removing it rather than purchasing it.

In my opionion, it's more just eye candy for the ppc as opposed to making it more functional.

I thought it looks very nice, and is quite useful. The sort of thing people write and pass on for free, I can't believe what they think they can charge for it!

I found the same, it's not anywhere near as customisable as it should be, and uninstalled it after two days

• 2 weeks later...
Guest martinwilliams999
in the 3hrs Ive had it installed on my M600 with nothing else running (just played around with the menus & setup) my battery has gone down from 50% to 31% AND ITS BEEN PLUGGED IN TO MY PC !!!! Has anybody experienced this shocking discovery???

EDIT :

After a couple of resets and a bit of playing Its all OK now.. PHEW!

Hats off to SPB for this one. guys at work have been really impressed wth my new look ;-)

I had this exact same problem on my M3100.

The battery simply wouldn't charge with Mobile Shell installed.

I thought the phone was dodgy and got Orange to swap it, as it was just 5 days old.

The replacement was just the same, so I've uninstalled Mobile Shell now.

Shame, cos it's great.

Martin

Edited by martinwilliams999

Guest mavisdavis
I had this exact same problem on my M3100.

The battery simply wouldn't charge with Mobile Shell installed.

I thought the phone was dodgy and got Orange to swap it, as it was just 5 days old.

The replacement was just the same, so I've uninstalled Mobile Shell now.

Shame, cos it's great.

Martin

Thank god for that. I thought I was going MAD!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Having recently bought Mobile Shell and installed it I found to my horror that it inteferes with SPB Time and the alarms no longer work (good job I set the alarm clock and tv too or it would have been a late appearance at work! ;) Soon discovered that it was the Now screen that was riding roughshod over SPB time and once I disabled the Now screen it seems ok.

Looking at the SPB Forum though it appears that Mobile Shell is riddled with bugs - unusual for SPB software which is normally very stable and clearly well beta tested. Shame about not having fully customisable tabs as I too would like more than 5 contacts on the dial tab!

Matters got worse and even with the Now Screen disabled, Mobile Shell was still preventing alarms from sounding (SPB Time alarms and the built-in WM alarms). I have now removed Mobile Shell - in theory a great little utility, in practice a bit of a shambles! ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Raven Nephilim

I've been using SPB Mobile Shell for a month with no major problems. But as most people state its lack of customable features sucks. I'd like to change the items in the SPB menu button. In the Multimedia tab I'd like to add Core Media Player, as I use it more than Windows Media Player. I'd also like to change the fonts, since I've changed all the system fonts so they don't look so bland! It'd be great if I could remove the Pocket MSN icon, since it doesn't come pre-installed on my M600, and replace it with Windows Live and I'd like the Organiser in the menu to trigger Pocket Informant. But in it's defence mobile shell is intuitative and the start button as well as the home tab are baised on your MRU.

I've been tweaking the registry and fiddling some settings. If I don't brick my phone I'll let you know how I get on :rolleyes:

• 10 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.