i-mate expand SPL range with new colours... and WM6!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Remember the i-mate SPL reasonably-priced ultra-thin Smartphone I reviewed exclusively at the end of October?

Well, SPL owners and prospective purchasers will be very glad to hear that a Windows Mobile 6 update is about to be released via club i-mate, and in addition, the SPL lineup is gaining 3 new colours!

I think i'll stick with my black one personally, but hey, i'm in touch with my feminine side, I could carry a pink SPL... right? :)

P

12-Feb-2007_newspl2.jpg

12-Feb-2007_newspl1.jpg

Guest Kaspers

Very good news that WM6 is coming to the SPL !

I recently bought the device, coudn't wait for WM6, so this is a really nice upgrade.

Any idea when the update goes online Paul[b/] ?

Guest mstephenson

Delighted to hear this news! :) I was a little concerned that i'd paid out £250 in December, only to have an out of date phone less then 3 months later! To be honest I expected imate (and all the others) to screw us over and try get us to buy new devices, so hats off to them for providing the download to us! Can't wait to get it-and check out Windows Live Messenger!

Guest mstephenson

I did kinda presume it'd be free (not too sure why really!). I don't mind paying a small fee for it anyway though, besides, they can't charge too much for it if they do charge, or it just wouldn't be worth anyone upgrading. Having said that, Microsoft are asking £150 for Vista and you can get a laptop with it on for £300 so maybe i've just shot my own arguement down there! I don't think they'll find many people ditching a phone thats 4 months old, just to upgrade to 6.0 which isn't exactly a huge leap in technology! The phone was only released 3/4 months ago, it must of been one of the last WM5 phones to be released so I do kinda feel imate owe us (although I don't think that necessarily means we'll get it free!). Paul, do you have any knowledge what usually happens or is likely to happen in a case like this? What are the other phone manufacturers who are offering upgrades to 6.0 doing?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brendanmx5

Its been a little while since this thread was last updated. News of these are starting to slowly crawl across the web. Any new info available?I'm interested in the blue guy...

Guest marekaq

Sorry but I can't find the news of WM 6.0 rom for i-mate SPL. May I know where you found this notice ???? Thankyou

P.S.

The Black SPL is the best one ... hehe ;)

Edited by marekaq

• 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.