More on the new i-mate 'Ultimate' range

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

i-mate now have their press release regarding the new 'Ultimate' range available to download (PDF).

The key statements...

The Ultimate range is a collection of high-end, sophisticated 3G Windows Mobile® phones and PDA’s in a selection of form factors to suit any user, the first of which will be available mid-year. The devices will be based on Windows Mobile 6, the latest version of Microsoft’s mobile operating system.

The Ultimate range consists of a collection of five devices in various form factors to suit individual preferences, from classic bar to PDA to a notebook replacement and was designed to provide the latest and best in phone and PDA technology. From the 530MHz processor, to the XGA direct video out, from HSDPA connectivity to the 262k colour VGA LCD touch screen, every component of each device is specified at a very high level. These are the first of a line-up of exciting devices i-mate will introduce through 2007.

“2007 will see i-mate™ offer a portfolio of new and iconic devices and highly sophisticated services,” said Jim Morrison, CEO, i-mate™. “The Ultimate range, with its great design and strong specifications will appeal to business users who require, as the name implies, the best of breed combination of innovation, design and technology. Each of our devices is designed with different users in mind giving our customers real choice. ”

I think the 'Ultimate' idea has potential, if executed properly.

Although i-mate have some interesting devices, some of them have pretty lacklustre specs, and this could be a chance to overcome that. THe key is, of course, coupling great specs with great design - and only time will tell if that is the case. Interesting to note the 'notebook replacement' potential HTC Athena competitor?

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.