Java

Guest SaS_SaS

Guest martinwilliams999
Hi Folks,

I have Eten X500, recently got it.

I wonder, if it has built in Java or not.

If not, What Java ? What benefit will have ?

Ths in advance..

If you're referring to the ability to run Java enabled websites in Internet Explorer, then the answer is no.

You'll have to download a different web browser, such as the excellent (but expensive) Opera 8.5.

If you're referring to the ability to run Java applications directly on the phone, then the answer is maybe.

You'll need to install the Microsoft J2SE runtime patch into your phone, but before you do, just be aware that it takes up almost 20 megabytes of precious memory.

This will limit what else you can do with the phone, and will slow it down A LOT.

I have tried this on my M600, but decided the drawbacks greatly outweighed the benefits, so I uninstalled it after just a couple of days.

Martin

Guest ToonGeneral

Sorry Martin, can I just confirm, if I wanted to run Java apps or games on an M600 I need the MS patch which will practically half the available memory on the phone?!

• 2 months later...
Guest JulianL
Sorry Martin, can I just confirm, if I wanted to run Java apps or games on an M600 I need the MS patch which will practically half the available memory on the phone?!

Is the Microsoft stuff the only game in town? I'm very interested in this because I use GMail and I want to use Google's java app on an X500 to access it. Although Google say in their help file that they don't currently officially support the app on Windows Mobile, they do have a help entry that says you need to install a JVM onto the device and they give this link to the IBM stuff (http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/wireless/weme_eval_runtimes.html).

- Julian

• 9 months later...
Guest Fander

Хай Пиплы , а все одно вы понашему не бельмеса :D

Java Best ! Full Screens or Full Games .... No Sound !

Установка и запуск мидлетов на КПК

Esmertec Java

--wm5,6(by giris&deamonpnz)

- JBedModHeapFix(02.01.08)

- JBed3dModHeapFix(02.01.08)

- EsmertecJbedNotForStorage(02.01.08)

- Jbedtestgiris(23.02.08 byDom1nat0R)

--Wm2003(by giris&deamonpnz)

- JBed3dMod_HeapSizeFix (ридми) (25.02.08)

- Esmertec Jbed heapfix (ридми)

- Esmertec Jbed3d heapfix (ридми)

--VGA(mr_smith2005)

- Esmertec Java от О2 - только для VGA;

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1333&st=2070

Какой идиот юзает IE @ Opera 8.xxxx ? java and MiniOpera Сool !