copilot live 6

Guest buffman

Guest buffman

hi every one

this is my first post, is any one using copilot live 6 with there t-mobile mda vereo 2 if so is it good,is the bluethooth ok between gps and phone thanks

Guest wilkhaven
hi every one

this is my first post, is any one using copilot live 6 with there t-mobile mda vereo 2 if so is it good,is the bluethooth ok between gps and phone thanks

Got mine at the weekend, used it today for the first time. Being an old Tomtom user I find the menus a little confusing at first but I'm getting used to them. There was no problem with the bluetooth gps supplied, the supplied receiver worked in the glovebox - also tried it with my old gps receiver, worked fine with that too.

As with most systems there are faults in the mapping, like wanting me to turn right off the northbound a38 (dual carriageway with crash barrier divider)tonight onto the B600 rather than use the left hand slip road. However it is very quick at recalculating routes, and the live traffic information works well - it'll check your whole route and avoid any hold-ups if you request it. I also like the option to have different map displays, other than the usual 3d display.

All in all it seems to be worthy competitor to tomtom, I went for the co-pilot package because of the stories here and elsewhere about the lock-ups with tt6, and the fact I got a deal on the phone with the complete sat-nav for less than 60 quid - I'll get that back by selling my old 6680 complete with tt5 & receiver, power cords, car cradle etc..

Guest oceanmikey

I've had co-pilot on my VarioII for about 5months now.

Occasionally locks up but frequent enough to be a big hassle. There was a recent update on the co-pilot website and also a link from there for speedcamera info that you can get from subscribing to gpsworld, this allows you to download their camera database ;) [i decided to subscribe on a monthly basis for £2 and download/update this data say 3 times a year as cheaper than an annual £20 subscription and I tend to stick to same routes while driving so dont need camera info updating that frequently] You can set camera alerts to warn you as you approach form various distances

You can also get the CameraAware software from this site, that works too, although did find it redundant when using above

Not got any personal experience of other sat nav, but co-pilot/Vario II is good for me!

Guest Jasonkruys
I've had co-pilot on my VarioII for about 5months now.

Occasionally locks up but frequent enough to be a big hassle. There was a recent update on the co-pilot website and also a link from there for speedcamera info that you can get from subscribing to gpsworld, this allows you to download their camera database ;) [i decided to subscribe on a monthly basis for £2 and download/update this data say 3 times a year as cheaper than an annual £20 subscription and I tend to stick to same routes while driving so dont need camera info updating that frequently] You can set camera alerts to warn you as you approach form various distances

You can also get the CameraAware software from this site, that works too, although did find it redundant when using above

Not got any personal experience of other sat nav, but co-pilot/Vario II is good for me!

ALK are providing monthly updates to the cam database for free now!

Guest wilkhaven
ALK are providing monthly updates to the cam database for free now!

Also, if you buy the Vario/Co Pilot package you get 2 years free subscription to the live traffic service. It will check any routes and advise of any delays or problems, and give you the option to route around them.

I was a bit surprised that the safety camera data was not included in the initial set up, but a quick download from the ALK site sorted it.

Guest oceanmikey
thanks I should have bought the package but bought the phone first but never mind I'll just have to save up

Got mine off ebay, usually some to be had on there shouldn't have to pay more than £100 for full co-pilot package inc gps receiver. Managed to get mine for £70 BNIB ;)