Guide to using Pocket PC's and Pioneer Bluetooth Car Stereo's

Guest Robbied

Guest Robbied

For those of you who have a Pocket PC and a Pioneer Bluetooth car stereo and are having trouble connecting them over Bluetooth, the following guide worked for my HTC Prophet and the Pioneer DEH P75BT.

STEP 1

The Pocket PC’s (or PDA’s) will connect to the pioneer but you have to do this manually every time you get in your car. To set your Pocket PC to be automatically detected by your pioneer when Bluetooth is switched on, you must do the following:

The problem:

The vario II identifies itself as a PDA bluetooth device. The pioneer modules are searching for a phone or smartphone, so it just ignores the Vario II.

Solutions:

Change the COD (Class of Device) from a PDA device to a smartphone device.

This can be done this way:

1. First make sure you've got a backup, or remember all settings you change in the registry.

2. Edit with a registry editor the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\SY S\COD

By default my vario II does have the value: 1048852 (decimal)

Change this to: 5374476 (decimal).

3. Soft restart your device

4. Voila! Your device now identifies itself as a smartphone, and my pioneer unit finds it without problems.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=290871

Note: Remember to set Bluetooth to discoverable every time you get into your car otherwise the stereo will not find your phone automatically.

STEP 2

Follow the instructions in the pioneer manual regarding storing your phone settings in the pioneer.

STEP 3

Use the method below to send contact names and numbers to the stereo

Use outlook

First do a Select All on your contacts* You may have more than 1000 contacts and if so may wish to break this up into one or two attempts to provent overloading the PC.*

Then choose Action->Forward as VCard

On the mail that appears choose File-> Save Atachments.

Save the VCFs to a folder and move them to the M600.

In the car use SmartExplorerEN and Select All the VCFs. Choose Send Files Via Bluetooth and the Headunit will appear in the list. Send them all to the HU

Source: http://www.modaco.com/Streaming-audio-to-c...th-t243394.html

STEP 4

If you wish to utilise the pioneer streaming music function over Bluetooth (BT Audio) you must have A2DP.

For devices that don’t support A2DP as standard, you need to install something like the Tornado A2DP program or any other update that will enable A2DP.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...p=931278#275438

STEP 5

If like me you wish to get in your car turn on Bluetooth and drive, meanwhile the pioneer connects itself for handsfree, the phone recognises that handsfree is connected so connects the BT Audio, opens Windows Media Player (or other media player) and starts playing music from your device, then you’ll want to write a script and run it on your device using Mortscript. Found here: http://www.sto-helit.de/modules/edito/content.php?id=38

Here’s mine:

VariableValue = 0

#Check if Handsfree profile is switched on

While (1)

HandsFreeEnabled = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Handsfree")

If (HandsFreeEnabled = 1 && VariableValue = 0)

#Close Windows Media Player if open

If WndExists Windows Media

Close "Windows Media"

EndIf

#Connect A2DP Wireless Stereo

Run "Windows\Shortcut to bluetooth devices.lnk"

Sleep 3000

MouseDown "Settings", 39, 106

Sleep 1000

MouseUp "Settings", 39, 106

Sleep 500

SendUp

SendCR

Sleep 2000

MouseDown "Settings", 106, 39

Sleep 500

MouseUp "Settings", 234, 39

Sleep 1000

Close "Settings"

Sleep 2000

#Open Windows Media Player and start playing a track

Run "\windows\wmplayer.exe"

Sleep 2000

MouseClick "Windows Media", 56, 33

Sleep 500

Sleep 2000

MouseClick "Windows Media", 39, 279

VariableValue = 1

EndIf

#Close Windows Media Player if Headset profile is disabled

If (HandsFreeEnabled = 0 && VariableValue = 1)

Close "Windows Media"

VariableValue = 0

EndIf

Sleep 5000

EndWhile

PRO’S

1. The handsfree function works extremely well. The person on the other end is very clear and the volume of their voice is easily adjusted using the pioneer volume control.

2. Voice dialing works very well.

3. The BT Audio is very clear and sounds excellent in the car. (I don’t carry CD’s in the car anymore, all my music is stored on my 4GB SD card)

CON’S:

1. If you make or receive a call while playing music using BT Audio, the music mutes but then starts to jump and skip once the call is ended and BT Audio is resumed, or sometimes it will disconnect completely and the music starts to play from the phone.

2. Very occasionally after initial connection, the audio will only be distributed to the left hand speakers in my car. If this happens, a soft reset of the phone and pioneer does the trick.

3. Some people have told me that my voice is a bit echo'y when speaking via the stereo.

A REQUEST

If anybody can tell me the registry change that takes place once A2DP Wireless Stereo is connected to a device I would be very grateful as I wish to integrate a command into my mort script that detects when the BT Audio has disconnected and re-connect it automatically.

• 1 month later...
Guest fuzzysb
For those of you who have a Pocket PC and a Pioneer Bluetooth car stereo and are having trouble connecting them over Bluetooth, the following guide worked for my HTC Prophet and the Pioneer DEH P75BT.

STEP 1

The Pocket PC’s (or PDA’s) will connect to the pioneer but you have to do this manually every time you get in your car. To set your Pocket PC to be automatically detected by your pioneer when Bluetooth is switched on, you must do the following:

The problem:

The vario II identifies itself as a PDA bluetooth device. The pioneer modules are searching for a phone or smartphone, so it just ignores the Vario II.

Solutions:

Change the COD (Class of Device) from a PDA device to a smartphone device.

This can be done this way:

1. First make sure you've got a backup, or remember all settings you change in the registry.

2. Edit with a registry editor the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\SY S\COD

By default my vario II does have the value: 1048852 (decimal)

Change this to: 5374476 (decimal).

3. Soft restart your device

4. Voila! Your device now identifies itself as a smartphone, and my pioneer unit finds it without problems.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=290871

Note: Remember to set Bluetooth to discoverable every time you get into your car otherwise the stereo will not find your phone automatically.

STEP 2

Follow the instructions in the pioneer manual regarding storing your phone settings in the pioneer.

STEP 3

Use the method below to send contact names and numbers to the stereo

Use outlook

First do a Select All on your contacts* You may have more than 1000 contacts and if so may wish to break this up into one or two attempts to provent overloading the PC.*

Then choose Action->Forward as VCard

On the mail that appears choose File-> Save Atachments.

Save the VCFs to a folder and move them to the M600.

In the car use SmartExplorerEN and Select All the VCFs. Choose Send Files Via Bluetooth and the Headunit will appear in the list. Send them all to the HU

Source: http://www.modaco.com/Streaming-audio-to-c...th-t243394.html

STEP 4

If you wish to utilise the pioneer streaming music function over Bluetooth (BT Audio) you must have A2DP.

For devices that don’t support A2DP as standard, you need to install something like the Tornado A2DP program or any other update that will enable A2DP.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...p=931278#275438

STEP 5

If like me you wish to get in your car turn on Bluetooth and drive, meanwhile the pioneer connects itself for handsfree, the phone recognises that handsfree is connected so connects the BT Audio, opens Windows Media Player (or other media player) and starts playing music from your device, then you’ll want to write a script and run it on your device using Mortscript. Found here: http://www.sto-helit.de/modules/edito/content.php?id=38

Here’s mine:

VariableValue = 0

#Check if Handsfree profile is switched on

While (1)

HandsFreeEnabled = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Handsfree")

If (HandsFreeEnabled = 1 && VariableValue = 0)

#Close Windows Media Player if open

If WndExists Windows Media

Close "Windows Media"

EndIf

#Connect A2DP Wireless Stereo

Run "Windows\Shortcut to bluetooth devices.lnk"

Sleep 3000

MouseDown "Settings", 39, 106

Sleep 1000

MouseUp "Settings", 39, 106

Sleep 500

SendUp

SendCR

Sleep 2000

MouseDown "Settings", 106, 39

Sleep 500

MouseUp "Settings", 234, 39

Sleep 1000

Close "Settings"

Sleep 2000

#Open Windows Media Player and start playing a track

Run "\windows\wmplayer.exe"

Sleep 2000

Sleep 500

Sleep 2000

MouseClick "Windows Media", 39, 279

VariableValue = 1

EndIf

#Close Windows Media Player if Headset profile is disabled

If (HandsFreeEnabled = 0 && VariableValue = 1)

Close "Windows Media"

VariableValue = 0

EndIf

Sleep 5000

EndWhile

PRO’S

1. The handsfree function works extremely well. The person on the other end is very clear and the volume of their voice is easily adjusted using the pioneer volume control.

2. Voice dialing works very well.

3. The BT Audio is very clear and sounds excellent in the car. (I don’t carry CD’s in the car anymore, all my music is stored on my 4GB SD card)

CON’S:

1. If you make or receive a call while playing music using BT Audio, the music mutes but then starts to jump and skip once the call is ended and BT Audio is resumed, or sometimes it will disconnect completely and the music starts to play from the phone.

2. Very occasionally after initial connection, the audio will only be distributed to the left hand speakers in my car. If this happens, a soft reset of the phone and pioneer does the trick.

3. Some people have told me that my voice is a bit echo'y when speaking via the stereo.

A REQUEST

If anybody can tell me the registry change that takes place once A2DP Wireless Stereo is connected to a device I would be very grateful as I wish to integrate a command into my mort script that detects when the BT Audio has disconnected and re-connect it automatically.

Robbied

I have had this stereo for a little while now before you really went to town on your setup well done.

I have revisited looking for a solution to the mess of connecting the phones when i found your post.

I thought i better bring forward my observations.

first regarding the auto reconnect of the headset profile. i use jetware to pass through signal and battery info to the DEH-P75BT head unit and this works, however when jetware is installed the auto reconnect does not, without jetware it works fine. i am trying to track down why not with jetware at the moment. but phone book transfer is really easy using jetware no exporting vcards as it just pushes them all through the phone

and secondly, when you say that when you make a call the music stutters when it resumes after a call, there is a very quick fix for that as its the pioneer that is at fault and not the phone. just press the telephone button on the pioneer twice to toggle to telephone and then back to BT audio this should fix it after a second or so, if it still stutters just toggle again and it will definately fix the problem, i have found doing this the music never stops where you have to disconnect the profile and reconnect again.

Lastly your script points to a shortcut to Bluetooth Devices. i am struggling to see where you made this shortcut from as i do not have an executable called bluetooth devices, where did you make this shortcut from? what does it execute.

mail me directly at stuartb that silly at sign broadbandtap that dot and a co and another dot and uk.

and we can knock together a better setup for the radio as i rue the day when i bought it, as poineer are crapas they say just go away.

i have also a question what you mean when you say voice dialing works great, as my holy grail would be to fudge voice command through the radio and it just has manual voice tags for each number in the pioneers phonebook which i think is pants as i used to be able to use voice command with my old home setup and it was sooo easy to control windows media player.

Regards

Stuart Buchanan