AA Navigator Bluetooth - £19.99 at Staples

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
post-1-1173707356_thumb.png

Do you live near a (UK) Staples store?

If so, you might want to head down there quick smart... as PDA24/7 are reporting that AA Navigator Bluetooth units are being sold off at a bargain £19.99! That gets you the AA Navigator Bluetooth satellite navigation software, a vent mount, and most importantly - a Holux GR-230 Bluetooth GPS receiver!

I can't get to a Staples until tomorrow... but let us know if you manage to grab a bargain. ;)

You can find more details on the package at Handnav, priced £179.99!

P

Guest thewitney

Hi,

I believe the memory card that comes with this package is in SD format. How will I be able to run it on my M3100 which uses micro SD?? Any ideas gratefully recieved!!

Thanks

Guest shadamehr

Anyone managed to actually get this...?

I'm gonna try ringing round all my local stores tomorrow and see...

Let me know if anyone manages it, and if so, how easy or hard it was...

Guest sketchmasterx

Does this not sound a bit odd to you?

The chap says "Bluetooth AA Navigator for Windows Mobile Devices for £19.99 (£10.00 less than I paid just after Christmas)" £29.99 still sounds dam cheap to me, suprised they had any left to reduce.

Guest shadamehr

Damn Damn Damn...

My local store DOES INDEED say they have this in for just £19.99

But the guy in the store is ADAMANT that it is software only to the point that it is NOT the GPS unit either....

I have tried telling him that what he MAY mean is that you don't get a 'device' that it actually runs on but SHOULD get the GPS unit with it, but he INSISTS its the SD card of the software only, nothing else...

Damn damn damn - all I was wanting this for was a very cheap route into a spare BT GPS unit.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Popping to the Norwich store on the way into the city this morning, will post back if I have any luck. I'll also snap up the remaining stock and let you lot buy them off me if they have more than 1 (seems unlikely!)

P

Guest spacerace
Damn Damn Damn...

My local store DOES INDEED say they have this in for just £19.99

But the guy in the store is ADAMANT that it is software only to the point that it is NOT the GPS unit either....

I have tried telling him that what he MAY mean is that you don't get a 'device' that it actually runs on but SHOULD get the GPS unit with it, but he INSISTS its the SD card of the software only, nothing else...

Damn damn damn - all I was wanting this for was a very cheap route into a spare BT GPS unit.

To update further, my local Staples (Ipswich) has the WIRED GPS Sat Nav kit for £19.99, software only (SD Card) for £9.99 but NO bluetooth GPS version at all.....

Guest tsutton
Popping to the Norwich store on the way into the city this morning, will post back if I have any luck. I'll also snap up the remaining stock and let you lot buy them off me if they have more than 1 (seems unlikely!)

1st dib if you manage to buy more than one. ;)

(Assuming software AND GPS device)

Thanks.

Edited by tsutton

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'll only be picking them up if it's device too ;)

If I do manage to get any, i'll post here and it'll be in the order people post AFTER that (so don't bother claiming now!)

P

Guest driody36

Have tried three London stores since yesterday AND called the others and no one has that deal on the BT GPS... ;)

Wired YES, if they have it. Otherwise sold out.

Guest jonlad

Blackburn Staples had the wired version only @ £19.91, which is hard wired for iPAQ serial port, they also tried selling the AA navigator software separately even though it's already inside the box on an SD card with the GPS receiver. Confirmed cause I opened the box at customer services.

The aanavigator software offered was only £9.99 though on the cd/dvd.

Does anyone know if the software is 'updatable ?' as aanavigator 2007 is the current version, this is for sale on the web at £70ish so it seems very reasonable at £9.99 ?

Guest shadamehr
I'll only be picking them up if it's device too ;)

If I do manage to get any, i'll post here and it'll be in the order people post AFTER that (so don't bother claiming now!)

P

SOB...

Seems unfair... all us bringing this thread to life with our info and opinions, and requests, may well be the ones to miss out of you secure the units Paul, if we have to post AFTER you get them.

As some like me, want to go out store to store and see what we can find out for real, to HELP the rest of this group.

But by doing so, if we don't manage to get any, we will ALSO lose out if you get any, as we won't be around to post first...

Surely you could go off those already posted wanting one...?

As I myself am off to Gateshead Metrocentre, and then Sunderland, to see what I can find.

Again, I too, if I do find this offer to be true and include GPS unit, will secure whatever stock I can, and offer the rest up to you lot and a heavily increased profit margin (JOKE - I mean at cost price!!!!)

So please reconsider Paul *lol*

EDIT, 10:47 - Your policy would also actively encourage the users to actually NOT try and find anything out, and sit at home hoping YOU will get them the unit they want Paul, so it's a bit harsh *lol*

Right am off to Metrocentre - catch you guys later. (And if Paul does manage to get one while i am off out finding stuff out, can someone post pretending to be me, claiming one of Paul's *lol*)

Edited by shadamehr

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well, bear in mind that I don't overly expect to be successful...

You'll have to hope that a) I am and :D if I do i'm in a good mood when I get back

;)

P

Guest shadamehr

Right...

Update for you...

Metrocentre Gateshead Branch, have TWO, not three, of these in, BUT, it's solely the software, nothing else. The price WAS £9.81, but is now reduced to £8.81. I can confirm this as I have been, and seen. It is in a grey Library Size DVD Jewel case box, so absolutely no chance of a GPS unit or vent mount in there.. Aside from the fact that it lists the box contents on the outer, and it is indeed the software only.

Gateshead have no other options/variations in store.

Sunderland according to phone calls, "sold out last week, but it was [again] software only"

Hartlepool is a bit far for me to drive, and the guy off "Business Machines" section has not returned my call yet as promised.

Teeside claim via phone they have none

Stockton (a different store it seems), also claim to know nothing about this.

So sadly, unless any of you guys know different, or know of any other stores I have missed in this region, the north east has nothing but the software only, at the Gateshead Branch.

Me, I'm happy with my Co-Pilot (especially as version 7 comes out the end of this month), but for those on a budget, £8.91 is not bad for a Sat Nav software only option.

EDIT: Typo mistake earlier - second instance of the price of £8.91 had been typed as £8.61 by me. The price at Gateshead to clarify, is £8.91 for the software only.

Edited by shadamehr

Guest NikLP
The nottingham store doesnt have it, nor the wired or the software only :D

Bugger

Bums. At least you've saved me a trip. Although it's only a three minute walk from my office...! ;)

Doesn't sound like there's any BT GPS anywhere at any rate.

Guest mwright
Doesn't sound like there's any BT GPS anywhere at any rate.

Dare I say that if something looks too good to be true ..............................

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.