7 replies to this topic

kyrkesmith

kyrkesmith

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 7
When I'm browsing the internet on Internet Explorer, a G appears on the signal strength indicator, even when the phone's indicating that I have 3G coverage. Is this how it should work; shouldn't I be connecting to the internet over a 3G standard? Video calling works fine.

Mobile telephone history:
Sony CMD-J5 → Sony CMD-Z7 → Orange SPV → Orange SPV E100 → Orange SPV C500 → Orange SPV C600 → O2 Xda Graphite → Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 → Samsung Omnia 7

utp_

utp_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Dopod 586w, Samsung SGH-i600

When I'm browsing the internet on Internet Explorer, a G appears on the signal strength indicator, even when the phone's indicating that I have 3G coverage. Is this how it should work; shouldn't I be connecting to the internet over a 3G standard? Video calling works fine.

Same problem here, but from the speed of it sounds 3G tho....

I was thinking to see the little "U" icon like other PPC phone does... <_<

jhils1

jhils1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
According to the handbook, when theres a 3G signal "3G" should be displayed...

motorola m301/Ericsson PF768/Ericsson T18/Ericsson T28/Siemans SL45/Pansonic GD87e/SPV E200/SPV C500/SPV C550/XDA Graphite(ASUS) Jupiter/Samsung i900 Omnia (16gb)/SonyEricsonExperiaX10-NOT IMPRESSED

utp_

utp_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Dopod 586w, Samsung SGH-i600

According to the handbook, when theres a 3G signal "3G" should be displayed...

Yep, I understand, but it does still show "G" Icon ;)

Attached Files

Edited by utp_, 15 March 2007 - 08:01 AM.

PeteT

PeteT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Device History<br />Orange C600<br />Orange C600<br />O2 Graphite<br />Touch Diamond
  • Devices:Touch Diamond

Yep, I understand, but it does still show "G" Icon ;)

I have just got myself a graphite and have the same problem. Did you get an answer to this?

skanna

skanna

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
I have found that when I'm in an area with good 3G reception, the 3G icon comes up, and 3G also shown when the data connection is actice, next to the bars. If I'm in an area of bad reception, I think it will revert to GPRS, as only the G icon appears. I think in my case, the 3 network uses the Orange network in areas where the coverage is poor.

kyrkesmith

kyrkesmith

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 7
I've found that under WM5 it always showed G, whether it was a 3G connection or not. Since updating to WM6, it varies between a G symbol and 3G.

Mobile telephone history:
Sony CMD-J5 → Sony CMD-Z7 → Orange SPV → Orange SPV E100 → Orange SPV C500 → Orange SPV C600 → O2 Xda Graphite → Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 → Samsung Omnia 7

monkeygadge

monkeygadge

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Touch Dual

I've found that under WM5 it always showed G, whether it was a 3G connection or not. Since updating to WM6, it varies between a G symbol and 3G.

I second that. Only get 3G symbol on WM6

SPVE200>>MPX200>>MPX220>>XDA IQ>>XDA Graphite>>Touch Dual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users