HTC Hermes / M3100 In Call Volume Registry Keys

Guest Chris B

Guest Chris B

Hi,

I've had my Orange M3100 for about 6 months now, and I'm really pleased with it.

However, I would like to increase the in call volume so that I can hear people speaking, beyond the factory defaults.

I've found various sites with suggested tweaks, including one that talks about switching off the startup animation, but my M3100 does not seem to have the required registry entry for this hack to work.

I'm not talking about changing the external speaker properties, because I've accepted that this is the way it is.

I know there must be some way of improving the sound quality of the earpiece and in call volume, but I'm not enough of an expert to know where to look in the registry. If anyone can tell me where to make the changes, it will be greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...
Guest Chris B

Hi,

After a brief sojourn using a Palm Treo 680, (which is a brilliant phone, but suffers from some highly annoying bugs that forced me back to my M3100), I am happy to report that I have been able to improve the in call volume by carrying out the following steps:

1. Find "setacousticparam.ink" in the Windows folder.

2. Copy this shortcut to the Startup folder.

3. Reboot the device.

4. Wait 5 minutes.

5. Reboot the device.

6. Use device.

This phone is now officially the best phone I've ever used.

Chris.