Why don't ANY of my WM devices SYNC in Vista?

Guest XePeR

Guest XePeR

Just like the topic says, why don't ANY of my WM devices SYNC in Vista?

ALL of my WM devices, ranging from Voq Professional to Dell Axim x50, PPC-6700, iMate JasJar and Cingular 3125. Not a single one will SYNC in Vista. Every one of them will show up as mobile drives in My Computer and I can sync media to all of them via WMP, but I can't even ADD them to sync.

Do I need drivers for each device or something? This is ridiculous. I have to do ALL of my testing on a Win2K rig and it's irritating as hell. So much for the ActiveSync replacement.

Guest bennish

Ah, well there is an activesync replacement, but it tends to be an 'optional' update. run windows update and it should show up for you.

Not sure what's happened, but in my experience once vista detects a windows mobile device it automatically gets that update as an automatic one. But that should sort it for you

Guest Sogarth

Just checking the obvious first: you downloaded and installed WMDC (Windows Mobile Device Center), right? Much like with previous versions of Windows and ActiveSync, Vista doesn't come with WMDC pre-installed.

Guest XePeR
Just checking the obvious first: you downloaded and installed WMDC (Windows Mobile Device Center), right? Much like with previous versions of Windows and ActiveSync, Vista doesn't come with WMDC pre-installed.

Oh good god. This was what was wrong. I [stupidly] assumed that because the WMDC icon showed up in my Control Panels that it was indeed installed.

This entirely solved my problems. Thank you.

On another note, what's the latest ROM update for the Sprint PPC-6700 and where can I get it? The UTStarcomm site is all but useless.

Edited by XePeR

Guest Sogarth
On another note, what's the latest ROM update for the Sprint PPC-6700 and where can I get it? The UTStarcomm site is all but useless.

The last official Sprint PPC-6700 ROM is available from either the Sprint site (under Windows Mobile (CE)) or from the UTStarcom site (picking Sprint on the right, then going to downloads). It's an AKU 2.x ROM.

The current unofficial ROMs are AKU 3.3 or 3.5 can be obtained from this site if you poke around a bit.