Sound problems.....

Guest Howski

Guest Howski

Hi,

I recently have had a problem with my phone. The thing is the sound has stopped working both the speaker and the microphone - however they work fine if you plug the handsfree in (threw it). Now I'm sure this happened once with my old smartphone and I got it back working as all that had happened was the phone had got stuck in handsfree mode. Any ideas on a fix?

Cheers

-How.

Guest adchaffey
Hi,

I recently have had a problem with my phone. The thing is the sound has stopped working both the speaker and the microphone - however they work fine if you plug the handsfree in (threw it). Now I'm sure this happened once with my old smartphone and I got it back working as all that had happened was the phone had got stuck in handsfree mode. Any ideas on a fix?

Cheers

-How.

Probably not much help, but I remember reading something about a switch in the headphone socket getting stuck and sticking the phone permanently in handsfree mode. That was with a smartphone too AFAIK.

Guest Howski
Probably not much help, but I remember reading something about a switch in the headphone socket getting stuck and sticking the phone permanently in handsfree mode. That was with a smartphone too AFAIK.

Yea thats sounds like the problem. I tried a hard reset and everything but no joy. Just now I typed a text message and now everything works fine - what the hell!

Cheers anyway

-How.

Guest Neil5459

It may be worth pushing the headphone plug in and out a few times quickly- as the above posts say, the microswitch can stick, and that can be the simplest way to clear it. Does sound as if that's the problem, as it continues after a hard reset.