A quick way to get to the "Comms" screen?

Guest Eriktheviking

Guest Eriktheviking

On my m600 there was a comms button on the today screen, i cant seem to get it on my 700 or assign any button to it. I really miss this as to turn the wifi,bluetooth, silent and flight mode on take longer now. Can anyone help...?

Guest Neil5459

This is a royal PITA!

As you say, you can't assign Comm to a hardware button. You can't even assign a working shortcut to the exe file in Windows.

I used a kludge to acheive this- I copied the exe file to My Documents, then renamed it (otherwise it wouldn't work!) and then creatred a shortcut to this version of the file in Windows/Start Menu/Programs, from where button manager allowed me to assign Button 1 push/hold to it.

If you can wait a while, Teksoft are shortly going to release Tekconnect which will replace and increase the functionality of Comm Manager- I'm testing it for them at present, and hopefully a public beta may appear in a couple of weeks.

Guest Eriktheviking
This is a royal PITA!

As you say, you can't assign Comm to a hardware button. You can't even assign a working shortcut to the exe file in Windows.

I used a kludge to acheive this- I copied the exe file to My Documents, then renamed it (otherwise it wouldn't work!) and then creatred a shortcut to this version of the file in Windows/Start Menu/Programs, from where button manager allowed me to assign Button 1 push/hold to it.

If you can wait a while, Teksoft are shortly going to release Tekconnect which will replace and increase the functionality of Comm Manager- I'm testing it for them at present, and hopefully a public beta may appear in a couple of weeks.

do you know exactly where the .exe is or what its called? this would save me quite a bit of time.

Guest Neil5459

Yes- and I've just tried it again, and you don't need to do any renaming, unless you want to retain the original link to COmm Manager.

Go to Windows and look for CommManager.exe. Tap/hold it and select copy. Go back to My Documents and then Edit/Paste which will copy the whole 84KB file

Locate the new copy in My Documents. Tap/hold it and select Copy. Now go to Windows/Start MEnu/Programs and Edit/Paste Shortcut.

Now go to Settings/Buttons and create the link to the new shortcut.

If you can't see CommManager.exe, then you need to go to Menu/Show All Files in File Manager.

If you want to retain the Programs link to the original CommManager, then after copying the file to My Documents, Tap/Hold it and rename to something like Comm.exe.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imt21

Another option is to add the Wirless item to your today screen following the instructions here.

Just scroll down to the "Show Wireless Today item" bit and follow the instructions.

Once on your today screen, selecting this item will take you to the Comm Manager.

Guest Neil5459

Most Trinity devices should come with this already available, with 'Wireless' among the Items list in the Today settings.

This takes up valuable Today screen space though, which is why some people want a hardware button assignment for Comm Manager.

Thanks for the useful link though :rolleyes: