o2 XDA Mini S help please

Guest dodding nonkey

Guest dodding nonkey

Yesterday, I switched on my mini s & it just hung up at the Windows splash screen, no problem, I'll soft reset it - but it did the same thing again. Oh dear now what?

Having read all the similar topics on the forum I'm afraid I'm still stuck. I've tried a number of soft resets to no avail. It won't seem to hard reset (comm, voice & reset buttons), I've held on to them for some time (>15secs) and no hard reset. Am I doing something wrong? I can't get into the phone via activesync as the phone doesn't get that far, and my pc doesn't recognise it as a mobile device(presumably because it doesn't get far enough in the boot sequence). When I ring it the keys light up but don't respond when pressed and the calls end up going to answerphone.

Has anyone got any suggestions or have I ended up with very pretty shiny brick?

Guest xeno1

Did you try pulling your miniSD out? I've read (not sure if it was in this forum or somewhere else) that that can cause this problem sometimes.

Guest dodding nonkey
Did you try pulling your miniSD out? I've read (not sure if it was in this forum or somewhere else) that that can cause this problem sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestion xeno,

Yes, I tried that too! I've just managed to hard reset the phone (purely by accident!). I was explaining the problem to a mate and, with the phone in it's locked up state & switched on, held the voice & comm buttons down then pressed the soft reset button with the stylus and guess what - it hard reset. I hadn't tried a hard reset with the phone switched on, because everything I've ever read says to do it with the phone off (including the manual). So, top tip, if your Wizard freezes and a soft reset doesn't work or you want to do a hard reset, do it with the phone ON! :D :(

Now all I've got to do is re-install everything from scratch. I hope I can remember all the regristration codes ;)

Guest xeno1

Glad you got it back working. I know having to reinstall everything after a hard reset kinda sucks, but it's better than having your phone stuck the way it was.