Orange can kiss my.....

Guest mo_sjo

Guest kame1986

there is a valid reason why Orange Retail, true Orange Retail that is dont give away free psp and xbox etc...........we can actually give u the better tarriff.

ie// go to "Jag" or "phones 4 u" and no matter how much they say they can offer Unlimted Txt and 500 min on Dolphin 35 they cant, only Orange Retail can.

But i hear ya. I understand where ya coming from. There is a 2nd Orange store about 100m up the street from my one and i keep getting loads of complaints about how crap they are.

THe problem with our store is that the sales advisers inc myself are too honest. We will happily tell customers to go to Phones 4 u or Jag or T-Mobile etc.

And i forgot the reason to as why i was replying.

Guest sxywill2005

There are some great Orange stores, but theres a lot of staff which just seem to be misinformed and that goes for the call centre staff too.

I will nEver buy from phones 4 u as the staff are complete smarmy b******, they just don't have a clue. They are really annoying in Manchester, you are on your way to work and they will stop you in the street and ask if you want a new phone. I nearly punched a guy once as he wouldnt let me past, he saw me texting and said I had a horrible phone (MoDaCo C600) and said if I like to be different, get a LG Chocolate. He continued to follow me half way down Market Street and try and sell me a new phone, complete c***.

I always buy my phones direct from the network, as I prefer the *supposedly* higher standard of service. My mum bought a KRZR from Buymobilephones.net who were absolutely awful as the free gift didn't turn up until 3 months later (even though they promised it in 7 days from recieving ID).

Guest Griff_FFOC

Talking about phones4U, I went in last year asking about what windows mobile phones the had, and after a complete newbie filling in some forms, taking about 15 minutes, he went awa and spoke to someone else as he didn't have a clue, only to come back and say they didn't do any Windows Mobile phones.

IT was a complete waste of my time.

Kame;

How come some Orange shop staff don't have a clue about upcoming handsets? Surely they'd get bulletins and internal memos/newsletters to keep them informed. Or at least to tell them what the phone's all about.

Also, if I did purchase a phone from a retail shop and it goes faulty, could I ring Orange and get them to replace it next day as I currently do, or would I have to go back to the shop and get them to sort it?

Guest kame1986
Kame;

How come some Orange shop staff don't have a clue about upcoming handsets? Surely they'd get bulletins and internal memos/newsletters to keep them informed. Or at least to tell them what the phone's all about.

Also, if I did purchase a phone from a retail shop and it goes faulty, could I ring Orange and get them to replace it next day as I currently do, or would I have to go back to the shop and get them to sort it?

Rite,

the staff in Orange shops do get informed what is going on with new handsets. if they dont actually know we can log in to "Scholar" at the tills and it tells us about any new phones. this is what i do when a customer comes in saying x phone has been released when is it being released with orange.

if u buy a new phone u get the 14 day return.

if u buy a new phone and it cocks up within the first 28 days, u can get it replaced in the store.

if the phone cocks up after 28 days it gets sent off to manufacturer for free.

if the phone cocks up after 6 months there is a charge to get it fixed.

if u have insurance, and u ring before 5:30 u get a next day replacement.

Guest Griff_FFOC
Rite,

the staff in Orange shops do get informed what is going on with new handsets. if they dont actually know we can log in to "Scholar" at the tills and it tells us about any new phones. this is what i do when a customer comes in saying x phone has been released when is it being released with orange.

if u buy a new phone u get the 14 day return.

if u buy a new phone and it cocks up within the first 28 days, u can get it replaced in the store.

if the phone cocks up after 28 days it gets sent off to manufacturer for free.

if the phone cocks up after 6 months there is a charge to get it fixed.

if u have insurance, and u ring before 5:30 u get a next day replacement.

Thanks for the info ;)

Guest kame1986

just makes me happy knowing i can do some good on this site. it seems to be me asking all the questions cos im always curious and wanting to know things.

Guest Griff_FFOC

I find this one interesting

"if the phone cocks up after 6 months there is a charge to get it fixed."

Don't they have a manufaturers 12 month warranty anyway? Or is it just the shop charging for the priviledge of sending it back for you?

Guest kame1986
I find this one interesting

"if the phone cocks up after 6 months there is a charge to get it fixed."

Don't they have a manufaturers 12 month warranty anyway? Or is it just the shop charging for the priviledge of sending it back for you?

Its basically paying the shop an admin fee. hey i just work there, i dont make the rules !

Guest saqmaster

Orange have changed their website a bit I notice today re: the 650... It's now showing as 'out of stock' rather than 'coming soon'...

Edited by saqmaster

Guest Griff_FFOC
Its basically paying the shop an admin fee. hey i just work there, i dont make the rules !

I know, and I was just asking a question, not having a go at you, sheesh. ;) :D

Guest kame1986

im sorry griff. dont mean to come across angry.

damn msgs, u can never tell if there is emotion in it. msgs on the internet r the quickest way to get dumped i swear. its like txt msgs. u say one thing but somebody else takes it as another............anywayz bk to phones.

Guest saqmaster

Okay.. spoke to cancellations... upgraded! Best deal they could do was £35/month for 800 cross-network mins, 200 texts and unlimited (3000) landline mins, free orange broadband (2gb limit, £5 otherwise for unlimited) and also 2 months of free evening/weekend GPRS.. Bit better than the £40/month for 500min/500txt I have been paying.. 18 month contract with upgrade after 15..

Guest kame1986
Okay.. spoke to cancellations... upgraded! Best deal they could do was £35/month for 800 cross-network mins, 200 texts and unlimited (3000) landline mins, free orange broadband (2gb limit, £5 otherwise for unlimited) and also 2 months of free evening/weekend GPRS.. Bit better than the £40/month for 500min/500txt I have been paying.. 18 month contract with upgrade after 15..

what phone ya get ? that sounds like the Racoon 35.

dont forget to turn of ur free evening and weekend gprs after 2 months or it will cost u £5 each month.

Guest saqmaster
what phone ya get ? that sounds like the Racoon 35.

dont forget to turn of ur free evening and weekend gprs after 2 months or it will cost u £5 each month.

It was the E650... yeah I think that's the deal, with the bit of extra bending on top.. Yep.. apparently they send a text about the GPRS asking if you want to cancel or continue...

Guest kame1986
It was the E650... yeah I think that's the deal, with the bit of extra bending on top.. Yep.. apparently they send a text about the GPRS asking if you want to cancel or continue...

Wow u must be the first person to get the E650. Our store hasnt received them in yet ........ so jealous !

Guest zen123
Phone arrived at about 11am.. I will have the pleasure of caressing it once I get home from work ;)

Hi just wondering whicjh courier Orange use. Expecting delivery today but no one one at home. Left a note on the door for them to leave it with hte neighbours but some companies won't do that.

Guest Griff_FFOC

Mine arrived an hour ago. Just got the sim swapped over by Orange and am waiting til my C600 disconnects before switching it on.

I see what Paul says about the down action. If I use my thumb it seems I hit the 2 key sometimes. Using it with my nal or end of my finger is ok though.

Also when it's closed the keyboard seems to have a little play in it upwards, but as it's a slide I guess that's only normal. Can't wait to get it on and see what it's really like. ;)

Guest craighome
Hi just wondering whicjh courier Orange use. Expecting delivery today but no one one at home. Left a note on the door for them to leave it with hte neighbours but some companies won't do that.

Parceline delivered here today if that helps?