Orange can kiss my.....

Guest mo_sjo

Guest kame1986

guys stop talking about the new phone ;)

havnt even got it in stock yet.

i was meant to be the first to play wif it. im orange staff, me me me !!

Guest crazyc
guys stop talking about the new phone ;)

havnt even got it in stock yet.

i was meant to be the first to play wif it. im orange staff, me me me !!

Just a quick question for kame1986 - any comments re data bundles and Orange at the moment? does the Orange World Browsing £8pcm unlimited still exist anywhere?

{EDIT: sorry, just seen other posts - I have the OWB bundle with the stated 1gb limit and have not been charged for either wap or full internet access - been in place for 6 months now - never got near the FUP limit though)

Edited by crazyc

Guest saqmaster

Okay.. quite impressed with the phone.. need to have a read through the booklet really as i'm sure lots of new things are hiding in here for me ;)

I don't find the down arrow/2 button a problem.. must just be the way I use a phone.. (fat fingers so tend to use the fingertips anyhow!)..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prof. Yaffle

Well I've been trying to upgrade to an E650 from my C600. Average bill is £30 a month. Last bill was £48. They offered me 100 cross network minutes and 300 texts for £25 a month :rolleyes: Handset for free with an 18 month contract. I enquired about 12 months and was told I couldn't have it for free it would be undiscounted at £59.99 but with the same minutes. Phoned back, spoke to somebody else and was told 12 months would be at the undiscounted price of £9.99 (!?!) but the talk plan would be cut to 75 minutes and 200 texts a month for £25! And £1 per 1mb data. For some reason the words Arse and Elbow sprang to mind!

Guest Prof. Yaffle

It's a shocking deal. I've been with Orange since the days of the Nokia 702 and every year is a hassle to get a decent upgrade. Last year was a massive pain to get the C600 but I'm not sure I can be bothered this year. I'm just looking at T-Mobile at the mo.

Guest Red Fish

I got a free upgrade and kept my number from C550 to E650 via free N95 that I sent back why to complex and the o/s felt cumbersome after MS

Guest nehvada

So right now I fully intend to boycott Orange (after many many years custom), buy a generic HTC Vox and move my Orange number to another telco like Vodafone. ......

my favorite solution on this one, if you want to keep your network and number:

try to get a phone for free as an upgrade which will bring you the most if you sell it on ebay.

buy the phone you want for less on ebay, from people who got this as an upgrade but dont want to keep it.

(sorry, didnt ment to make this a commercial for them) :rolleyes:

thats what i simply do everytime when its time for an upgrade.

Guest Griff_FFOC
my favorite solution on this one, if you want to keep your network and number:

try to get a phone for free as an upgrade which will bring you the most if you sell it on ebay.

buy the phone you want for less on ebay, from people who got this as an upgrade but dont want to keep it.

(sorry, didnt ment to make this a commercial for them) :P

thats what i simply do everytime when its time for an upgrade.

and then hope it doesn't break as Orange probably wouldn't replace it. :rolleyes:

Guest Smartguy03

I think u just got Punk'd homie,

I just upgraded from a c550 to the e650 without any problem a few days ago in one of the Orange shops. Only difference is that i did in in Amsterdam, the Netherlands instead of the UK.

But Orange is Orange, it's got to be possible!

Guest Confucious
and then hope it doesn't break as Orange probably wouldn't replace it. :P

I bought my O2 Exec (Universal) off ebay and after about a year I broke it - was quoted £150 by O2's repair people to get it fixed , sent it back to them in their prepaid packaging and a couple of weeks later got a brand new one back with a note saying that as they couldn't fix it within 7 days they had replaced it. No invoice, nothing! Just a brand new, free Exec :rolleyes:

Guest nehvada
and then hope it doesn't break as Orange probably wouldn't replace it. :rolleyes:

why should you worry?? if it break you got the manufacturer warranty, no matter where you bought it (within uk), as long as you have the original invoice.

Guest Prof. Yaffle

I've been retrying with Retentions and have been offered some more really naff deals. So I went to a couple of Orange Shops and they were worse. One wanted £59.99 for the E650 on an 18 month contract and the other wanted £159.99 for 18 months! When I laughed at her she offered to buy my C600 back for £50 credit. Gee thanks! I phoned Retentions again to get my PAC and spoke to a really nice lady who for a start insisted the E650 wasn't out yet. I told her I'd just been playing with one and loads of people on here had got one but she was adement it isn't out. Then she realised she was thinking of a Nokia and she actually had one herself. :rolleyes: Anyway, after some discussion, I got 150 x net minutes (plenty for me), 300 texts, unlimited weekend texts and a magic number. The contract is 18 months but the handset is free, 9 months is £20 and from then on it's £25.