Need help: USB connector broke, where to get another one?

Guest s-one

Guest s-one

Sadly, my HTC Wizard/Cingular 8125 USB connector broke off. I'm not sure how it happened but I can only guess the pressure of inserting the mini USB cable wore it's soldered mount points and gave way. I tried soldering it back but when I adjusted those little prongs underneath so it would have good contact with the board, a prong broke off. So I'm out of luck and can't recharge the battery. Does anyone know where I can purchase the identical piece so I can solder it back to the board? Also, has anyone else had this same unfortunate fate? ;)

img8934mt2.jpg

img8935jo7.jpg

thanks,

s-one

• 1 month later...
Guest bouteill

Thank you, but could you specify which part you are talking about in the catalogue? (there are many that really look alike!)...

I need to change the USB connector in my Cingular 8125 but haven't opened it up yet (I will open it up at the last minute, I can use it, until then), so I do not know which part it is exactly...

How difficult was it to take it apart/solder/put it back together?

Thank you very much for your very precious help!

Thank you, but could you specify which part you are talking about in the catalogue? (there are many that really look alike!)...

I need to change the USB connector in my Cingular 8125 but haven't opened it up yet (I will open it up at the last minute, I can use it, until then), so I do not know which part it is exactly...

How difficult was it to take it apart/solder/put it back together?

Thank you very much for your very precious help!

as there not exspensive you should get mini-b picture c & d cus it could be either one of those.

as for the sodering you should have some skill as they are not very big soder points.

Guest bouteill
as there not exspensive you should get mini-b picture c & d cus it could be either one of those.

as for the sodering you should have some skill as they are not very big soder points.

Done, thank you very much! I will keep you up to date on the status of my quest and upload pics if I can. Thank you very much for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest murraylandale

Hi there I have an O2 mini s which has the same problem. I have attempted a repair on it I would advise great care as the pins at the rear of the USB block are very fragile and are easily snapped off. Luckily I had a spare USB block in my box of bits which I will attempt to reattach. Personally unless you have a very steady hand I would recommend spending the money to get it repaired by a professional as the alignment of the pins is vital to ensure successful charging and syncing.