SPV E650 cases

Guest monkeymandarin

Guest monkeymandarin

Love the phone, but worried I'll scratch the screen within a couple of days.

I've had a google for a case, but the only ones that turn up are "universal" types from Mobilefun.

Anyone had any better luck?

Guest Griff_FFOC

According to my manual, my E650 should have came with a case, but there was no sign of it in the box.

Much like a lot of things that the manual claims the phone should have or come with. ;)

Guest Dster

I'm thinking of ordering this for my Vox (which should be here by Monday at the latest).

The Dash screen has the same specs as the Vox one -- 2.4 inch, QVGA. Anyone know if the dimensions are exactly the same?

I think they are. I asked someone at work to measure the dimensions of their S620 screen and it appears to be the same: 38mm (w) x 50mm (h)

I have ordered a Martin Fields screen protector for my S710 that's marked as being for the S620. These are the best screen protectors money can buy.

Guest yrreP
According to my manual, my E650 should have came with a case, but there was no sign of it in the box.

Much like a lot of things that the manual claims the phone should have or come with. ;)

You're right, it should come with a case. HTC are sending cases out to their customers... crack on to Orange for one - it should come with a case!

Guest yrreP
???

Is this wishful thinking, or something that HTC is doing?

Where do I sign up?

Yeah, HTC are doing this.. but for their customers only. If you own an HTC S710, phone them up and they shall add your list to a database for pouches to be sent out.

Orange customer would need to contact Orange to get this sorted... (TBC)

Guest AWLala

I filled in a customer inquiry through HTC Europe's website last night, and received and email today asking for my IMEI number and home address; stating that they would send a pouch for the phone to me.

Will see when I get it :rolleyes:

Phil

Guest Radeon12345

I also contacted HTC Europe and explained about the missing case, they said they know about the problem. They also told me to provide my full address and would send one out :rolleyes:

Edited by Radeon12345

Guest Odie
Just ordered the Martin Fields protector for the S620.

Will report back when I get it.

I bought one of the S620 Martin Fields screen protectors last week and it worked out great, well worth the money.

Guest Griff_FFOC
I never read manuals, but perhaps I should :rolleyes:

Where does it say this in the SPV E650 manual or is it just the S710?

Page 21, under Accessories.

The following Accessories are provided with the phone:

1. AC Adapter

2. USB Cable

3. Stereo Headset

4. Pouch (Act as a protective carrying case for your phone.)

Guest Griff_FFOC

However,

I've just been on the phone to get my E650 swapped due to the vibrate being noisy, distortion/feedback of internal speaker while on a call, and the screen having a bit of play while closed, and while I was on the phone I asked about the carrying case mentioned in the manual and she read out the list of included accessories to me.

At the end of the list she read a section saying along the lines of "note, a pouch case is not included as mentioned in some of the printed manuals."

So that clears the case query up, at least for us Orange customers.

Edited by Griff_FFOC

Guest levanter

Hi. I have an HTC S710 via Expansys but I didnt get a case. I just logged an email on HTC Europe so hopefully I'll get one, thanks guys :-)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chip_pan

The krusell cases are very good, can't vouch for the bespoke ones for each device (that you don't take the phone out of), but I've had 3 of the pouches and they are decent quality.

Just bought a 'Blaze' (Medium) for my E650, fits securely, and it has a suede inner which is gentle on the screen.