Build quality Vox

Guest zen123

Guest zen123

I have both the Orange E650 & HTC S710 in my hands right now. It seems there is a great variation in build quality between the 2 devices. On the S710 there is noticeable loose rocking movement when the keyboard is closed position. Also when it is open the rocking is still there. On the other hand there is no such issue with the E650 everything nice & tight. Also the joypad click action is a lot more positive on the E650.

Guest Samsonite

i had my E650 replaced 5 days after picking it up due to a clicky key.

The new one is noticeably better in few areas.. No clicky keys for a start. Also the 'Start' key is more positve on the newer one.

The main difference tho is in the keyboard slide action. The first one felt fine but all my mates said there's no way it would last - the newer one however is much more solid. There is still a bit of play on the screen section of the phone, more so when closed but i dont think its going to be a problem. the play is almost gone when the keyboard is open.

Overall i am pleased with the build quality. My wifes LG Chocolate is absolutley shocking after less than a year. - the slide is sloppy and the covers for various bits are very loose so i do think that my E650 will last the distance.

If the build quality is anywhere similar to my Magician, it should be fine. All bar the occasional drop, the structure (buttons and cover) never actually failed through usage.

Guest saqmaster

I think my E650 has great build quality, however I think the spring action on it sliding could do with being stiffer as it 'moves' when you're holding the phone for a normal call.. I prefer to have a nice sturdy hold on a phone..