WM6 compatibility

Guest deddiekoel

Guest deddiekoel

I recently upgraded my MDA Vario II (HTC TyTN type phone) to the XDA Black 2.5 ROM. This rom is based on Windows Mobile 6.

The ROM itself works great and I'm very happy with it. However I haven't been able to get PPCProfile working.

Installation looks to be successful as it states the profiles should be available from the today screen. But when I check the today screen there are no profiles. I can't find the program in the start menu programs either. It is listed as installed in the remove programs list.

Does anybody else have this issue? Because I REALLY miss this excellent tool and would like to use it with this excellent rom.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably teaching Granny to suck eggs here, but you don't simply need to go and manually turn it on in the Today Screen -> Items settings do you?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest porktree
Probably teaching Granny to suck eggs here, but you don't simply need to go and manually turn it on in the Today Screen -> Items settings do you?

LMAO, and, I'm running wm6 (See No Evil 2) and it's working fine here.

edit: I speak to soon. Evidently it appeared to be running, but none of my ringtones rang, and none of my text messages alerted me. In fact even though I'd set everything, nothing happened (ie, I set the silent profile to vibrate on a new call, but it didn't). Even after uninstalling PPCProfiles I couldnt' set ring tones any more and ended up having to do a hard reset of the phone.

Edited by porktree

• 4 months later...
Guest RussellH

I'm running an early version of PPCProfiles which Bretto sent me long ago. It's not the Pro version with all the bells and whistles, but a simple version. I recently upgraded to a TYTN II and downloaded it to the new device yesterday. I didn't appear on the today screen at first. I needed to untick one of the existing options and then retick again. It now shows, but takes a few seconds for each profile change to take effect. I've just checked each profile, and they do seem to work OK, but there's a ten second or so period where it looks like it hasn't worked.

Best wishes,

Russell

• 1 month later...
Guest Homer-S
I'm running an early version of PPCProfiles which Bretto sent me long ago. It's not the Pro version with all the bells and whistles, but a simple version. I recently upgraded to a TYTN II and downloaded it to the new device yesterday. I didn't appear on the today screen at first. I needed to untick one of the existing options and then retick again. It now shows, but takes a few seconds for each profile change to take effect. I've just checked each profile, and they do seem to work OK, but there's a ten second or so period where it looks like it hasn't worked.

Best wishes,

Russell

Might it be possible to make Bretto working on PPCP agaim to make it working for WM6?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mobile lew

I am running a Treo 750 WM6 Professional with a cooked ROM AKU0.7.0 WWE and it is working just fine. Although the application seems to be more for non square screens it works just fine. I did not do anything special, however I have tried before (using the official ROW WM6 ROM) and it did not work. It works just fine for me and best of all it's free (donations accepted of course).

• 7 months later...

does not work on a htc touch diamond

no possibility to activate it in the today section

running the configuration from the application folder i could set the options but

the ringtone did not change.

after uninstalling i could not change my ringtone. i was able to choose it but it was never used.

HARDRESET