Photo

Virgin Mobile Lobster 700TV: £34.98 DELIVERED!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

colonel_butt

colonel_butt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch, Samsung i600 & Q1

The marketing of this phone was the real disaster though. I haven't personally seen one advert for the Lobster in national press or magazines, let alone on television, and the only two or three ads I've seen for it have been very dull and uninspiring banner ads.

This phone was doomed to failure less because of its own merits - and although it's hardly the best equipped phone in the world, it does have mobile television! - and more because of Virgin Mobile's own failure to properly promote it.

I saw loads with Pamela Anderson. But I spent the time looking at her, not the phone :rolleyes::)

Edited by colonel_butt, 11 May 2007 - 02:11 PM.

dearsina

dearsina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:I've been around since the days of the SPV (now suffixed 'Classic'). I miss the 8+1 way joystick.
  • Devices:HTC Vox
I've used this phone for a few weeks now and boy is it better than the SDA II. If you're considering this phone, here are a few pointers (although I suspect a more comprehensive review can be found elsewhere on MoDaCo):

The TV
The TV works ok, I've only tested it in Zone 1 in London, but it works almost seamlessly even on the bus. I say almost because it does cut out once in a while, so perhaps not very useful to watch a thriller, but perfectly ok to watch a rerun of Friends. Having said that, alot, if not most of the interesting programming is actually blocked, so you get access to most of the homegrown stuff, but only a few bought shows.

The headphones
Another thing I didn't know until I got the phone was that you have to use the headphones supplied if you want to watch TV. That's because they're special headphones that double as an antenna, and if you use other headphones (Sony, iPod etc) you will not get a useable reception.

The buttons
I read a couple of reviews and didn't get why everybody kept complaining about the buttons, they seemed big and nice on the pictures. But what the pictures don't show you is that the buttons are very loose, i.e. it's difficult to push one button, and not move it around so much that is pushes the other buttons around it too.

Hope that helps.

toys

toys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba tg01
How to unlock Lobster?

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie

How to unlock Lobster?

Call 789 from a virgin sim that has had £30 put onto it and they'll do it for free, or else pay florin_m (www.imei-check.co.uk) £20 and he'll do it for you.

Posted Image

storn

storn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Anyone know how to get the virgin 20% discount and the quidco discount as mentioned in the first post

Hi it's very easy as I ordered Friday and got it today! Well all you have to do is to go to the link first from lifestyle and put item in the basket and add the 14000 code. Then close the page, open quidco in another browser and click virgin mobile off there. I did get the other discount but is only 9% of the value, so it comes up to £3.87. Therefore the phone cost me just over £39. On the sim I have received £5, so it takes it down to £34 :rolleyes: . If you are going to use the free 200 minutes they are actually worth up to £70, if you call mobiles that are not virgin, so basically you make money by buying this phone!

greenturtle

greenturtle

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Windows Mobile Devices. I love my music and wont go anywhere with out a pair of wireless headphones.
  • Devices:8gb Kaiser
Just ordered this phone hopefully all went well with quidco and I should have my discount!

A worthy replacement for my C600.

Sam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users