device unlock help required

Guest Fizz_daz

Guest Fizz_daz

just got my replacement phone from orange. However... I have restored using sprite back up from my old phone which had device lock on it.. when I reboot it asks for the unlock code... however when I enter what it was on my old device it wont have it.. I have hard reset, set the device code, then restored again.. still got the same problem.. it appears that the restore flags the fact the phone is device locked, but does not restore the password either.. how the hell to I get my restore back and get into my phone!!!

Guest Fizz_daz

yes..

Sprite say "Thank you for the reply. The issue is caused by the replace of device. And on the same device, you will not get the error. And our product delivers the best result in restoring to a ROM changed device than any other solutions on the market." I had to tell them, before I got this reply, that may be it's in the registry and perhaps the program is not handling it correctly for WM6 devices... I got this back... "Thank you for the query. You was right about the registry is holding the device lock settings and to be restored to your new phone, some keys has got changed the location and it affect the settings. And as you said, if you exclude the registries, you will lose all the programs and system settings."

So what's the point I ask you.. pile of poo and doesn't do what I want it too.. the only way to deal with it is to turn the device lock before a backup, pointless if you use auto back ups...