Installation woes

Guest blowdart

Guest DAK ATTACK

I recently perfomed a cold boot and install the following in the below order and did not restart the phone until all cabs installed and now everything works perfectly:

1. The french unlock cab

2. Extra Unlock Cab

3. The VOX remove security cab

How Odd!?

Guest paholman
I recently perfomed a cold boot and install the following in the below order and did not restart the phone until all cabs installed and now everything works perfectly:

1. The french unlock cab

2. Extra Unlock Cab

How Odd!?

I have the same problem: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;gopid=824863

The above order didn't work for me

Will try after a hard reset.

Guest paholman
I have the same problem: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;gopid=824863

The above order didn't work for me

Will try after a hard reset.

After a hard reset and installing in the above order, I still have the same problem.

This sucks...

I've got over 20 applications I want to install, and having to switch off the phone after each one is absurd

If HTC do release an new fix or ROM via Orange for this, it would be nice to put back Windows Live Messenger in there too.

EDIT: Since writing the above, I've paid 20 quid to imei-check, and CID unlocked the phone.

Same f'ing problem, only now the spinning wheel stops spinning, but the installer still hangs.

You can't switch the phone off without removing the battery.

I hope HTC do more to fix this than they did with the QTEK 8500 Missed Calls problem in the U.S

Edited by paholman

Guest paholman

Finally got it to work without installing another ROM.

No idea why it worked this time, but I followed the previous advice, but instead of use "Clear Storage" to cold reset the device, I switched off, held down the two soft keys, switched back on while still holding the two soft keys until the screen went black and white text advised to "press send" to reset or any key to cancel.

I pressed send, after around 5 minutes the device was completely reset.

I then installed the following in order (as per previous post):-

1. The french unlock cab

2. Extra Unlock Cab

Incidentally, all copied to Windows > Start Menu > Accessories and run from there (all without the Storage Card inserted and no ActiveSync/USB connection)

Then rebooted.

Now installing to Storage Card works fine. I don't know if the hard reset this time worked this time, was due to the fact I CID unlocked the phone via www.imea-check.com before resetting.

Anyway, I'm happy it now works. Interesting to see if my Sprite Backup restore will break it again.

EDIT: The Sprite Backup I took before the hard reset was restored, and now the problem is back.

So did another hard reset as per above, and re-installed in the same order as above.

Tried install to Storage Card, all works again.

I've spent hours installing Apps and rebooting after each one, and now I have to install again, but at least this time, I can install all of them without this problem. Phew.

I hope all this helps someone else with this problem, and my thanks go to all who have posted previously on this, that helped me fix it on my device.

Edited by paholman

Guest Thumper Net

The dopod rom sadly only has 2 languages chineese and american english but it does work on the e650 without any problems , its a good rom to have till the htc version gets an update or the orange update comes , least now you can install without problems , and if the dopod start up is not to your fancy then copy the orange on to the sd card and replace the dopod one when installing is done :rolleyes:

Guest blowdart

I had an official response left on my answer phone.

Because the software that failed to install isn't from Orange (obviously, as Orange supply no software) they can't help and closed the call suggested I contact HTC.

Great. Somehow I can see HTC saying "It's an Orange phone, call Orange"

Guest paholman

The problem returned on my phone.

Scrapped the whole lot, did a complete hard reset, installations started working fine.

Got to around my 15th Application/cab install, and it hung. The Application that hung was one that installed fine previously.

This is so annoying.

I'm tempted to copy all (or a bunch at a time) the cab files to the Windows > AppMgr > Install directory before hand, and try it that way. I just want a nice Sprite Backup of it working so I have a restore point.

I don't want to install a different ROM as I still want access to Orange World.

Guest paholman

I think I found the cause and posted it here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=825784

Would someone be able to spend a couple of minutes confirming the following:-

Can someone else please try this on their E650?

Install a CAB with XT9 (Text Input) enabled - Confirm cab install works fine

Install a CAB with ABC (Text Input) enabled - Confirm cab install hangs (Spinning Wheel)

To change Text Input, go into a Text Message, change the input, exit message

Thanks