Hard Reset/Firmware reinstall? - Frozen Lobster!

Guest qprmanadam

Guest qprmanadam

I have managed to brake my Lobster 700tv while playing around with WMStorage. I set it to look at the internal chip (which read only ticked), and not only did it not see the memory when I plugged it into the PC, but it then froze when I deactivated.

When I restarted the phone it went through the virgin mobile splash screen to the windows mobile one, and it sticks on that. Have left it for 10-15 mins, popped out the battery for about the same length of time and and tried again with no luck.

Does anyone know any way which I can perform a hard reset or similar via the PC or reinstall the firmware??? When I plug it into the pc it doesn't recognise it as a USB device being attached (while it is stuck on the windows mobile splash).

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

adam

Guest Shuflie
I have managed to brake my Lobster 700tv while playing around with WMStorage. I set it to look at the internal chip (which read only ticked), and not only did it not see the memory when I plugged it into the PC, but it then froze when I deactivated.

When I restarted the phone it went through the virgin mobile splash screen to the windows mobile one, and it sticks on that. Have left it for 10-15 mins, popped out the battery for about the same length of time and and tried again with no luck.

Does anyone know any way which I can perform a hard reset or similar via the PC or reinstall the firmware??? When I plug it into the pc it doesn't recognise it as a USB device being attached (while it is stuck on the windows mobile splash).

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

adam

From a post on XDA developers

WITH PHONE SWITCHED OFF

1. Press and hold soft1 and soft2 keys (i.e. menu keys).

2. Press and hold power button for around 1 to 1.5 seconds. Release power button. Keep holding both soft keys.

3. After a while, black screen should show instructions asking user to press '0' key to reset to factory default.

4. Press '0' within the timeout period (which is very brief).

5. If instructions don't appear on the screen, repeat steps 1 to 4.

Guest qprmanadam

Brilliant,

Thanks very much. I now unfortunately have a follow up problem! The TV/Radio program has vanished from the start menu, and I don't appear to be able to find it anywhere on the phone. Does anyone know where I may be able to download it?

Thanks again,

Adam

Guest Shuflie

Its strange that its not part of the default install since its not on the CDs that come with the phone. Try calling virgin from the handset and see if they can send you a link to it. I could pull the files off my phone but I think there's probably more to it than just copying themm back to the phone again. The actual player should be in Program Files\TTP\SmartphoneApp and is called DABPlayer.exe

Guest qprmanadam

Thank you all for help.

Program files\TTP\ folder didn't exist unfortunately.

I contacted Virgin Mobile who were really helpful. The guy said that with the hard reset, the TV and Radio program SHOULD load up, and he had never heard of it not working. I tried the reset a couple more times in case it had corrupted, but it didn't solve it. Virgin have replaced the phone with a new one (very good customer service IMHO!), and the new one works just fine. May be telling wm5storage to view the internal chip, even though i ticked read only, may have caused it to corrupt in some way and revert back to an even more basic version of the rom??

Just a few quick notes in case anyone else ever has similar problems. When I had done the hard reset and the phone worked ok but without the TV and Radio software, the home screen didn't revert back to the virgin mobile one (as it was when I first got the phone), but back to a more default windows mobile one (same as my i-mate SP5), I don't know if this is also another effect of the underlying problem.

Also, strangely, originally when the phone was pretty dead (wouldn't get past the windows mobile spash screen), I found that if I plugged the phone upto the PC, it would briefly connect using active sync, but only once I had turned the phone back off and it was back to the virgin mobile turning off splash screen.

Great phone though, pity it is a little chunky but it really is tiny for a DAB radio, and can't speak highly enough of VM.

Cheers,

adam