Samsung Singapore Promise a Dust Solution

Guest uro_who

Guest uro_who

See my other post about Samsungs reply. Has anyone got a dust free i600, it's easy to imagine that everyone is in the same boat?

I found this on a website in singapore http://asia.cnet.com/howto/askcnetasia/0,3...62011289,00.htm

Question

I recently bought the highly rated Samsung i600 smart phone. It is an almost perfect phone. I love it, slim, feature-packed, great connectivity, stable and good battery life.

My only qualms are dust under the LCD, which surfaces just after three days of usage. I've sent it to Samsung Service Center for cleaning but the problem has since recur again.

Is it common to expect dust gathering under LCD screen through "normal" usage? I work in an office environment, place the phone in my tailored pants. Have previously owned another smart phone for several months but never had dust under LCD issue.

Is there any recourse for us owners affected by such an issue?

Answer

We apologize for the very late reply as we were waiting for Samsung to comment on the issue you've encountered. Samsung Singapore has acknowledged that some consumers do have this "dust issue", though it said that these are very isolated cases. The company will also offer a non-chargeable clean-up and permanent fix to users who are facing such a problem on their i600.

Perhaps you would like to bring your handset to the service center again to have them check on the dust problem. Do also keep us in the loop if your problem has been resolved. Damian Koh

Slightly better than the UK put up or shut up! Edited by uro_who