Help with Device Lock with Lobster 700TV

Guest wazza2007

Guest wazza2007

Hope i have posted this in the right place.

Took delivery of the lobster 700tv mobile.

Normally when the keypad is locked you simply press the unlock button to unlock it and use it.

This phone has a security feature called device lock with which i have problems with. By following the instructions in the manual i had set the device lock so when you press the unlock button you have to type in the password. This prevents anyone from using your phone without your permission. The trouble is it does not recognise my password. Has anyone had this problem? Have rang virgin who are going to send me a replacement. just wondering if it is a common problem before i try to set it on the replacement phone. Also how does one unlock it? The customer service did not know how to do it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xzyk
Hope i have posted this in the right place.

Took delivery of the lobster 700tv mobile.

Normally when the keypad is locked you simply press the unlock button to unlock it and use it.

This phone has a security feature called device lock with which i have problems with. By following the instructions in the manual i had set the device lock so when you press the unlock button you have to type in the password. This prevents anyone from using your phone without your permission. The trouble is it does not recognise my password. Has anyone had this problem? Have rang virgin who are going to send me a replacement. just wondering if it is a common problem before i try to set it on the replacement phone. Also how does one unlock it? The customer service did not know how to do it.

Hi, just tried the Device Lock on my new 700TV and selected a 4 pin code. Worked fine.

Unlocking can be done either from virgin direct by making sure you have at least 30 pounds on your airtime, ring virgin and tell them you want it SIM unlocked. They will do it in a few days. Alternatively imei-check are unlocking this device for 20 pounds online (no need to post the unit). BTW this is also mentioned elsewhere on this forum. :rolleyes:

Guest xeno1

Did you try using 1234? Most devices are preset with that password.

Nevermind, I didn't realize you had posted this question 3 weeks ago. I'm assuming you either figured that out already or they've sent you a new one by now.

Edited by xeno1

Guest wazza2007
Did you try using 1234? Most devices are preset with that password.

Nevermind, I didn't realize you had posted this question 3 weeks ago. I'm assuming you either figured that out already or they've sent you a new one by now.

you are correct. rang virginmedia up and they sent me a replacement.