ActiveSync stick at 'Looking For Changes'

Guest jasnewt

Guest jasnewt

Hi,

I have an HTC Vox and for the last few days I have been unable to sync with my XP PC using ActiveSync 4.5. Although it usually allows me to copy files to and from the device, the calendar, contacts and tasks fail to sync (these are the only items set to do so). Instead I get the 'Looking For Changes' message, then after about 10-15 minutes an error message to say the phone could not sync.

I also use True Connect and this works fine, with the phone screen displayed on my PC correctly. It's just the sync that fails.

I use Sprite Backup, and so did a hard reset and the sync worked fine. However, on restoring the back up the sync failed again, so the problem seems to be on the phone side.

It will take me ages to start installing everything from scratch and setting the phone and apps up as I like it. Does anyone therefore know a way of deleting the ActiveSync partnership settings from the phone itself, so that when I reconnect to my PC it will be as if it had never been connected before. I'm hoping that might solve it.

If not I think I'll just have to manually input all my appointments and tasks on both phone and PC as I can't really be bothered to start installing and setting things up from scratch, just to hit the problem again in a week or so.

Dear God, I wish there was an alternative to ActiveSync....

Jason.

Guest ccovey01

Have you tried moving your usb cable to a different port? One usb port on my computer doesn't let me sync my phone. It's worth a try.

Guest fraktal

From what you're saying, this might not be the answer, but I hasd a similar problem last week, activesync recognized the device but wouldn't sync - I uninstalled and reinstalled activesync, hard reset (!) my phone...turned out the problem was none of these - it was my firewall. If you haven't checked that it's not that, have a quick look - it might save you some grief. :rolleyes:

Guest jasnewt

Thanks for the replies.

I will try another USB port, although the one I am using worked fine up until last week.

I have recently upgraded to BitDefender v10 which includes a Firewall. However when I tried a hard reset on my device, syncing did work correctly so I don't believe the Firewall is the problem. As soon as I restored using Sprite Backup I couldn't sync again.

Looks as though something to do with ActiveSync on the phone has got corrupted. Oh well, if using a different USB port doesn't work I'll just have to do without syncing. I have spent so much time getting my Vox set up exactly as I want it I really don't have the patience to start from scratch again!

Jason.