Homescreen Media Plugin

Guest th1rt3en

Guest th1rt3en

I got a buddy who has the tmobile dash, and upgraded to WM6, and he continues to brag about the media player plugin.. has anyone been able to successfully get it to work on the s710?

Guest jimmie geddes

I also have the Dash running WM6 and really like the audio plugin. I've tried to get it to work on my Vox but it doesn't show up. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest darkfinger

Yeah, like you I missed the media plugin when I side-graded from my Dash. I finally figured it out. Here's what you do.

Insert the following text into your home screen xml file. Put it after the ... pair where you want the media player control to show up. I put it after the carrier section. You can use the liveexample.home.xml file in the archive available here.

<!-- Music Player -->

Copy all files in the archive to \windows. These are the various graphics, Music Plugin Switch.lnk, MusicPlayerGridView.exe, and also WmpPluginToday.dll

Next, you need to do a bunch of registry edits (not for the faint of heart). For MusicPlayerHomePlugin.dll you could also just register it with regsrvGUI.exe included in the archive.

Create key HKLM\Software\HTC\MusicPlayerPlugin (key may or may not exist) and add the following:

-Add string "HomeLayout" with value "\Application Data\Home\home.xml"

(for example "\Application Data\Home\liveexample.home.xml")

-Add DWORD "ClientUIShowOff" with value 1

Register the MusicPlayerHomePlugin.dll with regsrvceGUI.exe -OR- make the following registry edits:

Create key HKCR\CLSID\{166B4205-4D6C-46d7-AA10-9647198FBF65}

Creake subkey InprocServer32, and make its default value "MusicPlayerHomePlugin.dll"

Creake key HKCR\CLSID\{DAD087AB-1E2F-4b3b-BB5F-0F4D6AB630F8}

Creake subkey InprocServer32, and make its default value "WmpPluginToday.dll"

Create key HKCR\MusicPlayerApp

Create subkey SelectIcon and make it's default value "MusicPlayerGridView.exe,-229"

Create subkey DefaultIcon and make it's default value "MusicPlayerGridView.exe,-230"

Create key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\UIPlugins

Create subkey {DAD087AB-1E2F-4b3b-BB5F-0F4D6AB630F8}

-Add strings "FriendlyName"="HTC WMP Plug-in Today" and "Description"="HTC WMP Plug-in Today"

-Add DWORD "Capabilities" with value 1

Create subkey {A13C7005-B7BD-4f0f-B496-A830EAF8DB32} (I'm not actually sure this is needed)

-Add DWORD "Capabilities" with value 42000001

Reboot

That's it. Works great. Enjoy

D

Guest birdibird
Yeah, like you I missed the media plugin when I side-graded from my Dash. I finally figured it out. Here's what you do.

That's it. Works great. Enjoy

D

sounds great.

can you post a pic of how it looks, so I can see before I do all the reg?

:rolleyes:

Edited by birdibird

Guest Doktor M@buse

Mighty Megabytes!

I love you, my friend.

htcvoxyx9.png

With this program 'MusicPlayerGridView.exe' (also included in the package above) you can turn the plugin on and off.

Edited by Doktor M@buse

Guest th1rt3en

This is the part that confuses me:

Create key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\UIPlugins

Create subkey {DAD087AB-1E2F-4b3b-BB5F-0F4D6AB630F8}

-Add strings "FriendlyName"="HTC WMP Plug-in Today" and "Description"="HTC WMP Plug-in Today"

-Add DWORD "Capabilities" with value 1

Create subkey {A13C7005-B7BD-4f0f-B496-A830EAF8DB32} (I'm not actually sure this is needed)

-Add DWORD "Capabilities" with value 42000001

so a string with

Value name: FriendlyName

Value Data: HTC WMP Plug-in Today

?? or am I doin that wrong..?

Guest Doktor M@buse

You are right.

You need to do it this way:

one time a dword

and twice a string

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\UIPlugins\{DAD087AB-1E2F-4b3b-BB5F-0F4D6AB630F8}]

"Capabilities"=dword:00000001

"Description"="HTC WMP Plug-in Today"

"FriendlyName"="HTC WMP Plug-in Today"

Edited by Doktor M@buse

Guest th1rt3en

then i have no idea why its not working for me.. followed it step by step.

when I hit the play button, it opens WMP, but nothin after that, no song name, volume/song switch doesnt work... any ideas?

Guest gerben

Same here. Install works fine, plugin shows at the homescreen (I took the liveexample file); first press on "Play" button opens the WMP, but thats it. Returning to home screen while music keeps playing: works fine, but none of the buttons seems to function after that.... Title is not showing up, no time display (other than 00:00).

Edited by gerben

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paholman
Hi,

look here and here :P

Newchurch

Installing the cab, edited my existing homescreen to add the new plugins, worked 1st time.

Excellent post, and thanks to all who contributed on this one.

:)

Guest Skunkchild

Many thanks for this :)

an excellent addition to my E650

Worked as per instructions - one note though is that you must uncheck the 'Pause playback while using another program' option in Windows Media Player (else it will only play for 1 or 2 seconds)

post-6031-1183468840_thumb.gif

Edited by Skunkchild