3 replies to this topic

Orlandodawn

Orlandodawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:SPV M500
Hi

I have recently tried to update the ROM on my M500.

However, the update failed and now the phone just says Serial V 1.00 on the screen. No backlight will come on and if I plug it in to the PC it says USB V 1.00.

No MS software. Soft and hard reboots do not work. Its like there is no software on it at all.

I was installing the German rom from a previous link here. The installer picked up I had version 6.06 and would upgrade it to 6.12 form what I can remember. It began the update then lost connection. Since then, no life from the phone.

I have upgraded the firmware on motherboards, drives and other phones and from my experience I have a funny feeling my M500 is hosed :rolleyes:

Any ideas of bringing it back to life anybody? My contract is due to run out soon with Orange but I was going to keep hold of the PDA as its great for watching movies on....

M

Orlandodawn

Orlandodawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, lets see what we have found so far...

I have checked on other helpful forums and it looks like the fone is in permanent boot mode.

I didnt have to hold all the buttons in (reset, camera and on/off) to put it in boot mode. It just did it itself.

None of the flashing programs I have tried so far can see it now.

It is being looked at now by a third party...

Its pretty easy information for someone in the know to have replied.... thanks guys...

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
XDA Developers is the site you need. They have pages of advice on how to "unbrick" a universal.

Modaco is more "user" than "developer".

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

Orlandodawn

Orlandodawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

XDA Developers is the site you need. They have pages of advice on how to "unbrick" a universal.

Modaco is more "user" than "developer".

Thanks for the info bro, sorry about the rant! I was just a little stressed at the time about hosing the PDA... :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users