Orange SPV M500 failed ROM update...

Guest Orlandodawn

Guest Orlandodawn

Hi

I have recently tried to update the ROM on my M500.

However, the update failed and now the phone just says Serial V 1.00 on the screen. No backlight will come on and if I plug it in to the PC it says USB V 1.00.

No MS software. Soft and hard reboots do not work. Its like there is no software on it at all.

I was installing the German rom from a previous link here. The installer picked up I had version 6.06 and would upgrade it to 6.12 form what I can remember. It began the update then lost connection. Since then, no life from the phone.

I have upgraded the firmware on motherboards, drives and other phones and from my experience I have a funny feeling my M500 is hosed :rolleyes:

Any ideas of bringing it back to life anybody? My contract is due to run out soon with Orange but I was going to keep hold of the PDA as its great for watching movies on....

M

Guest Orlandodawn

OK, lets see what we have found so far...

I have checked on other helpful forums and it looks like the fone is in permanent boot mode.

I didnt have to hold all the buttons in (reset, camera and on/off) to put it in boot mode. It just did it itself.

None of the flashing programs I have tried so far can see it now.

It is being looked at now by a third party...

Its pretty easy information for someone in the know to have replied.... thanks guys...

Guest jimbouk

XDA Developers is the site you need. They have pages of advice on how to "unbrick" a universal.

Modaco is more "user" than "developer".

Guest Orlandodawn
XDA Developers is the site you need. They have pages of advice on how to "unbrick" a universal.

Modaco is more "user" than "developer".

Thanks for the info bro, sorry about the rant! I was just a little stressed at the time about hosing the PDA... :rolleyes: