Worms World Party

Guest UndeadDevil

Guest UndeadDevil

I have installed Worms World Party on my phone and having some problems playing it. I am unable to set up the button mappings for Fire, Jump, Double Jump, every thing else works fine. Has anybody else played this game on this mobile?

Also it crashes on exit which is abit weird.

Guest UndeadDevil

Anyone?? Or should I just get a refund from handago? I've e-mailed there support about it but doubt I'll get a reply worth anything. I'm not happy, considering the game was recommend by Paul in the Must Have Commercial Software thread.

Guest xeron
I have installed Worms World Party on my phone and having some problems playing it. I am unable to set up the button mappings for Fire, Jump, Double Jump, every thing else works fine. Has anybody else played this game on this mobile?

Also it crashes on exit which is abit weird.

Works fine on mine however if the sd card was nearly full (i installed it to SD) it would work once and then the keys wouldn't work for each subsequent game. it would also lose my progress. check you have enough free space on SD and the phone memory.

Edited by xeron

Guest UndeadDevil
Works fine on mine however if the sd card was nearly full (i installed it to SD) it would work once and then the keys wouldn't work for each subsequent game. it would also lose my progress. check you have enough free space on SD and the phone memory.

What version do you have of Worms World Party, I have 1.0.4.

Phone is brand new, SD card has over 800mb free. ;( I want WORMS!

Guest UndeadDevil

I've now upgraded the ROM on the Phone, tried Worms again. I can now map the keys but only two of them. And only to the Comm Manager and Camera buttons. Please anyone got any ideas?

Guest PayableOnDeath
What version do you have of Worms World Party, I have 1.0.4.

Phone is brand new, SD card has over 800mb free. ;( I want WORMS!

i have WWP 1.0.4 and it works fine on mine

my device info

ROM: 1.21.110.3

ROM Date:06/19/06

Radio: 1.05.05.00

Protocol:32.36.7010.04H

do you have anything else running that could be trying to take control of the hardware button?

Guest UndeadDevil

Not that I can think of. All other games work fine. (Virtual Poll Mobile, Taito Space Invaders)

Plus I've re flashed the phone to WM6 so theres no T-Mob customizations now.

Guest UndeadDevil
hmm, do the buttons work normaly? so we can rule out hardware issue

Yep, phones working perfectly. The keyboard, soft-keys, every button works.

Maybe the version I got from handago is corrupted, could I send you the setup and you test it? Assumming you've bought the game yourself.

Also I got a reply from Handago, they didn't have any suggestions, just told me that the game wasn't designed for Windows Mobile 5.

Edited by UndeadDevil

Guest PayableOnDeath
Yep, phones working perfectly. The keyboard, soft-keys, every button works.

Maybe the version I got from handago is corrupted, could I send you the setup and you test it? Assumming you've bought the game yourself.

Also I got a reply from Handago, they didn't have any suggestions, just told me that the game wasn't designed for Windows Mobile 5.

dont know if it was designed for WM5 but its run without problems on my wizard and hermes, so cant see it been a wm5 issue

do you have another device to try it on ?

check you pm as i will send you my copy as we know that works ok

Guest UndeadDevil
dont know if it was designed for WM5 but its run without problems on my wizard and hermes, so cant see it been a wm5 issue

do you have another device to try it on ?

check you pm as i will send you my copy as we know that works ok

The Hermes is my first Pocket PC, so no other devices to try it on.

I try the version you send when I receive the PM.

Guest PayableOnDeath
The Hermes is my first Pocket PC, so no other devices to try it on.

ok, should have pm now :rolleyes:

Guest UndeadDevil

Exactly the same, unable to map any keys. Can only Map Camera and Comm Mgr keys, which then grays the Tick. I don't see how it can be my phone when everything else works fine :rolleyes:

Guest PayableOnDeath

am out of ideas now, as it cant be hardware as they work normally, cant be the worms installer as one that we know works doesn't work, all I can think of is possibly some other software conflicting with it

Guest UndeadDevil
i have the same problem with my WM6 PROPHET can anybody help me please?

Thanks!

I dont think there is any solutions, the game was originally ment for Windows CE anyways. I've tried everything I can think of, the only last thing that I could try is to figure out where it saves the control settings (reg, file?) and then manually set them. That may or may not work.

Guest theverybazzar

I was having the same problems but then I upped to Black Shadow WM6 I could map the explorer/message buttons at top of phone and the camera button at the bottom!

Hope this helps from a Virgin poster! :)

Guest UndeadDevil

Finally got a reply from EA today. Not good, damn them.

Hello,

The product and/or device for which you sent us an enquiry is no longer supported by EA Mobile. You may want to request a refund from your online game provider.

We strongly suggest you contact your handset manufacturer technical support in order for you to obtain a more suitable answer regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We invite you to check out our Knowledge Database in order to obtain more information on the issue you are experiencing at the following url; http://support.eamobile.com/

If the support website doesn't have a solution to your issue, please send us more details about it, such as the device model, the application version, etc.

Thank you for taking such interest in EA Mobile games and for taking the time to write us. We hope we've been able to answer your questions and provide a pleasant support service.

Please include this message in any further discussion

Reference #1859

------------------------

EA Mobile Canada

Customer Support

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr_Gee
Finally got a reply from EA today. Not good, damn them.

I know its a late reply, but i just want to mention that i've had worms working for quite some time now

also on a MDA Vario 2,

I have a backup of my installed programs on my memory card,

I just installed it through the cab files and it just works.

(also the 1.0.4 version)

send me a pm if you need more info

Guest UndeadDevil

Mr_Gee: I don't get your post, we allready know it works on some peoples Vario 2's. (Most likely older AKU's)

What we need is a way to edit the config files to manually set the button mapping. I had a dig but can-not find where it stores its settings. I throughly went through the registry and its Installed Directory.