T-Mobile Launch Mobile TV Service in the UK

Guest jamesvdv

Guest jamesvdv
I to had to use the URL posted on my MDA Vario II. And I get the exact same as above ^^^

"Failed to find network" :rolleyes:

Can you keep getting a day pass everyday for free till 30th June? I'm going to be annonyed that I can't use my day pass.

I have just got a second free day pass. My understanding is that you can get them every day until 30th June.

I have a Vario II and the service works fine for me. I did get the error message mentioned, however, when I tried to connect at home with WiFi on even though supposedly connected through 3G at the time. I then turned off WiFi in the connection manager, tried again and all was OK.

I looked at the T-Mobile site again today and it did say something about a requirement that your area needs to be able to support Mobile TV as well as 3G, so it might be worth checking with T-Mobile customer service to see if Mobile TV is fully supported in your area.

Good luck.

Guest UndeadDevil
I have just got a second free day pass. My understanding is that you can get them every day until 30th June.

I have a Vario II and the service works fine for me. I did get the error message mentioned, however, when I tried to connect at home with WiFi on even though supposedly connected through 3G at the time. I then turned off WiFi in the connection manager, tried again and all was OK.

I looked at the T-Mobile site again today and it did say something about a requirement that your area needs to be able to support Mobile TV as well as 3G, so it might be worth checking with T-Mobile customer service to see if Mobile TV is fully supported in your area.

Good luck.

I'll try again in the morning. I am connected via HSDPA. WiFi was off and the phone was plugged into the mains charging. I asked a friend to try it on his MDA Vario II (I upgraded his ROM's today) and he can play them fine.

Good to hear that it lasts till 30th June.

Edited by UndeadDevil

Guest Dr Who

Ren and Stimpy rules. Landscape full screen on my Vario II looks fine for animation, less compressed than the DivX files I used to put on my C500 it would seem!

Guest Dr Who
died again :rolleyes:

'Failed to Find Network'

Have you chaps who are struggling changed the TMob proxy or DNS servers? Having just received a replacement phone I am currently on the default settings.

Guest atonks
Have you chaps who are struggling changed the TMob proxy or DNS servers? Having just received a replacement phone I am currently on the default settings.

I haven't changed any proxy or DNS settings, but keep getting the "Failed to find Network" error.

Frustrated now!

Guest atonks

I haven't changed any proxy or DNS settings, but keep getting the "Failed to find Network" error.

Frustrated now!

Guest psionandy

well i had done a hard reset without the t-mobile bits, then added them in after,

Phone is much better and responsive without them... i'm not sure if mobile tv is worth the trade off

Guest PayableOnDeath

nope, not made any changes to the Tmob connections

i have emailed t-mob see what they say

Edited by PayableOnDeath

Guest rhedgehog

seems to work well on my Ameo, although opera doesn't seem to like it. Open it in Internet Explorer and away I go.

Can't say I'm blown away by it, but it's free and i might as well give it a go while i live in an HSDPA area!

just got to remember not to click on that f'ing Big Brother link lest my IQ drop by a hundred and fifty points just by watching!

Guest Lordsmiff

I'm not sure if it's because I'm using a WM6 ROM but I have an app called streaming media - I launched this seperately and told it which 3G connection to use and then it worked...it failed the first couple of times because it was just trying to connect via "The Internet" rather than "T-Mobile Internet".

HTH,

Smiffy.

Guest PayableOnDeath

Had a reply from tmob and they said there where having network issues, i tried again but still not working, waiting for a reply back

Guest TomID

Hi,

Is this the same service that has been running since the end of April?

I live in london and my friend showed me how i could get on-demand sky news and so on for £0 a day, selecting a day pass each time, this was back on the 27/04/07?

Guest Packmoor Warrior

I am getting the same problem,”failed to find network” most upsetting, :rolleyes: . Have e-mailed T-Mobile and rang them first thing this morning and after an hour they have told me they didn’t know of any problems but to try the mobile TV link out at least 5 times, from various locations around my town, leaving at least 1 hour between each attempt keeping a log of the post code and time, and inform them tomorrow of my success or not as it stands at the moment

Guest PayableOnDeath
I am getting the same problem,”failed to find network” most upsetting, :rolleyes: . Have e-mailed T-Mobile and rang them first thing this morning and after an hour they have told me they didn’t know of any problems but to try the mobile TV link out at least 5 times, from various locations around my town, leaving at least 1 hour between each attempt keeping a log of the post code and time, and inform them tomorrow of my success or not as it stands at the moment

hmm well thats not what they told me

We had a network issue late last week and this should have now been fixed. Please re try this now

Please let me know if this problem persists

just waiting for a reply back as i still have problems

Guest Shuflie

I get an error every time I click on the buy 24 hour pass for £0.00 saying that they can't provide me with the service I have selected and to make sure I have enough credit if I'm a PAYG customer. Its probably due to the "Charge to account bar" service I selected at some point in the past thinking it would avoid any nastiness with those charge back SMSs that you can get sometimes if you get drunk and you mates get hold of your phone. Guess its stopping me from paying my £0.00 fee for the 24hour pass. Bit of a bummer since I can't get it off the account until 20th june :rolleyes:

Guest pd.ryder

I'm constantly getting 'Failed to find network' error too. Boo :P

It's using T-Mobile Internet, no DNS or proxy changes, pretty much a plain vanilla T-Mob VII.

I can stream TV into WMP no problem via http://www.streamingpda.nl/ so there shouldn't be any problem with the T-Mobile offering, as far as I can see. It must be their end of things thats experiencing problems.

Here's hoping...

:rolleyes:

Guest Packmoor Warrior
I'm constantly getting 'Failed to find network' error too. Boo :P

It's using T-Mobile Internet, no DNS or proxy changes, pretty much a plain vanilla T-Mob VII.

I can stream TV into WMP no problem via http://www.streamingpda.nl/ so there shouldn't be any problem with the T-Mobile offering, as far as I can see. It must be their end of things thats experiencing problems.

Here's hoping...

Still no joy with the mobile TV so have spoken to T-Mobile again this morning over the “failed to find network” and they said that they became aware of an issue yesterday and are working on it, they said that the normal time scale to resolve an issue of this nature is between 24 and 72 hours, and that they will inform me of the out come in due course. Here’s waiting.

Edited by Packmoor Warrior

Guest pd.ryder
...they became aware of an issue yesterday...

According to this thread at least, they were aware of the issue on 1st June :rolleyes:

Guest Packmoor Warrior
According to this thread at least, they were aware of the issue on 1st June :rolleyes:

They actually said(T-Mobile), that an issue/note had been placed on their system yesterday and he was looking for some diagnostics to resolve the problem for me this morning, but unfortunately he was not able to. Sorry if I gave anyone the wrong impression. Let’s hope they crack the problem before the end of the month.

Edited by Packmoor Warrior

Guest pd.ryder

I got pretty much the same off them this morning too. I have been given a 'fault number' and I'm to ring back tomorrow.

Guest atonks

This was working for me this morning. I was quite pleased.

Now I want it to work (lunchtime @ work) it's back to the same old "Failed to find network" message <_<

Guest psionandy

Just started working for me last night... although I did have to turn the buffer down to 10s to stop it timing out on the connect...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.