Help me saving my beloved Tornado!!!

Guest Chaser92

Guest Chaser92

Hello,

recently I bought a HTC Tornado with my own (hard earned) money...

Problem is that my parents don't want me to have a smartphone (?) and are making me sell it...

Help me finding arguments to save my Tornado...

smartphones and generally windows mobile is my main interest, i have a PDA... but it's good to have PDA and SP... if you CAN afford... and I can because I earned money! Where is the logic?

Help me please!!

Greetings

Guest e-v@n

Wait... I don't think I get it. If you earn money and buy something what's wrong with it? And why do your parrents let you to have PPC and not SP? That's very weird.

Edited by e-v@n

Guest Chaser92
Wait... I don't think I get it. If you earn money and buy something what's wrong with it? And why do your parrents let you to have PPC and not SP? That's very weird.

Yeah, I don't understand them, either. But you right understood: They just want me to have one phone (SE K700i <_< ) for 2 years... It's a long story...

I earned money and bought it, but they still don't think it's right...

K700i isn't a bad phone but it isn't smart... I could have W850i or any phone and I would be disappointed anyway. I just need a smartphone, even Canary, anything!

Anyway, it's getting better...

Greets

Guest Pop2k

Parents are weird and I see yours aint no exception. :P

I guess you're a student? What helped me back in the days to get my 1st pc (back in the days when a 386 with 25mhz was da bomb) was convincing my parents about how I could do all kind of school related stuff on it. Took some time but worked out eventually (and of course I used the pc for games 99.9% of it's lifetime).

So, how about showing them some learning related software like:

- scientific calculators

- MobiPocket and the possibility to read all kinds of news (of course preferably politics, science, economics and such :D) and books

- wikipedia (e.g. the downloadable versions for MobiPocket)

- dictionaries

- word, pdf aso. readers

You might also show em how e.g. through a good homescreen you can better keep track of your school tasks and dates, thus the device promising to help you become a more serious, better student.

If you push those buttons hard enough and make em understand that a) you earned the money yourself and :rolleyes: have grown up enough to buy something useful (instead of toys and games), they might start realize that you're becoming a responsible person and accept your new toy er, I mean, productivity and learning device. :rolleyes:

Btw. if nothing helps you could try it with a SonyEricsson W950i. It's also a "smartphone", just running Symbian instead of WinMo (yes yes I know, heresy, heresy, burn him at the stake aso. :D) but I guess most parents don't know that as it's being advertised as a walkman phone with built in memory.

Guest Chaser92
Parents are weird and I see yours aint no exception. :P

I guess you're a student? What helped me back in the days to get my 1st pc (back in the days when a 386 with 25mhz was da bomb) was convincing my parents about how I could do all kind of school related stuff on it. Took some time but worked out eventually (and of course I used the pc for games 99.9% of it's lifetime).

So, how about showing them some learning related software like:

- scientific calculators

- MobiPocket and the possibility to read all kinds of news (of course preferably politics, science, economics and such :D ) and books

- wikipedia (e.g. the downloadable versions for MobiPocket)

- dictionaries

- word, pdf aso. readers

You might also show em how e.g. through a good homescreen you can better keep track of your school tasks and dates, thus the device promising to help you become a more serious, better student.

If you push those buttons hard enough and make em understand that a) you earned the money yourself and :P have grown up enough to buy something useful (instead of toys and games), they might start realize that you're becoming a responsible person and accept your new toy er, I mean, productivity and learning device. :rolleyes:

Btw. if nothing helps you could try it with a SonyEricsson W950i. It's also a "smartphone", just running Symbian instead of WinMo (yes yes I know, heresy, heresy, burn him at the stake aso. :D ) but I guess most parents don't know that as it's being advertised as a walkman phone with built in memory.

This is a good idea... Thanks :rolleyes: I'll show how it's important to me to track time B)

Will discuss that case with'em...

Greets ;)