Problem Loading different Profiles...

Guest getwsted

Guest getwsted

Hey heres the deal...

I am running WM6 on a dash and up till today almost everythings been fine. Today i was no longer able to change what profile i wanted. (ie. Normal, Silent,..) I have called t-mobile and there best solution was to remove the battery, remove the battery, im sick of hearing this. so i decided to use a registry editor to check if there was any fields that could be changed. there was but it didnt accually change anything but the home screen.

so i was wondering if anyone else has ran across this? i also have used bluetooth audio programs both bluemusic and btaudio. i believe one of these could of altered something in ie.reg or something...

ANY SUGESTIONS ARE WELCOMED AND I WILL CONTINUE TO ADD IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS FOR ME....

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Guest getwsted

sorry i had forgotten about this...

When i select a different profile it acts as if it does but nothing changes. plus in the comm manager i cant change the vib/ring icon. it will deselect and then activate again. on top of all this if i go into the profile menu and try to edit any profile it pops up a error "The settings could not be opened.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WM6Dasher
sorry i had forgotten about this...

When i select a different profile it acts as if it does but nothing changes. plus in the comm manager i cant change the vib/ring icon. it will deselect and then activate again. on top of all this if i go into the profile menu and try to edit any profile it pops up a error "The settings could not be opened.

This happens when a profile is corrupt or when you edit one of the profile XML files and inadvertently used spaces instead of tabs etc.... (I did this while trying to implement the fix for having no reminder audio firing after switching back to normal profile from vibrate profile.)

To revert back to a working state - do the following,

Settings | Profiles

Use right softkey to activate the menu and select "Reset to Default"

This sets everything back to factory defaults for profiles and should get your profiles backup and runniing normally.

May require a reboot - but I don't think so.

• 1 month later...
Guest ChoppedG
This happens when a profile is corrupt or when you edit one of the profile XML files and inadvertently used spaces instead of tabs etc.... (I did this while trying to implement the fix for having no reminder audio firing after switching back to normal profile from vibrate profile.)

Settings | Profiles

This sets everything back to factory defaults for profiles and should get your profiles backup and runniing normally.

hello i dint work i cant reset my hp ipaq 514 all the settings do not work and the reset to factory defaults is in settings so no matter what i do i cant fix my problem all i did was delete gprs settings i need help plz i knw this is the exacali section but i just gt the phone today and itz doing this by the way i won the phone

Guest ChoppedG

Settings | Profiles

hello i dint work i cant reset my hp ipaq 514 all the settings do not work and the reset to factory defaults is in settings so no matter what i do i cant fix my problem all i did was delete gprs settings i need help plz i knw this is the exacali section but i just gt the phone today and itz doing this by the way i won the phone

Guest ChoppedG

Settings | Profiles