Skype for HTC VOX & E650!

Guest moham_i

Guest kevinsephiroth
Got it last night, and its an amazing piece of software for your smartphone! :D

I was calling my friends for free using skype on my mobile via wifi and the sound and reception is pretty good. :P

So no need to use a third party fake cursor anymore? Nor overclock the device? :rolleyes:

Good news if it's so.

Guest wired84

Seems to work fine, has its own home screen which can be helpful specially as u get free internet calls, just hope more ppl use skype!

Guest van_mierlo
Is this different to the version from Skype.com?!?

P

I am also wondering if this is a new version.

My version that I am running on my HTC S710 is Skype for smartphone version 2.2.0.20

So no Beta!!!

Johan van Mierlo

Editor BostonPocketPc.com

Guest echolock

I tried the version from Skype's site and it didn't work (tried the installer and the cab).

Have just tried this version and it works fine! Thanks a lot moham_i :rolleyes:

Guest moham_i

On the skype website there is not a program developed for HTC Vox however this is the Skype for another HTC model, which had a model number near the S710, and it seems to work on the VOX and my E650!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ascottwork
On the skype website there is not a program developed for HTC Vox however this is the Skype for another HTC model, which had a model number near the S710, and it seems to work on the VOX and my E650!

Thanks for the "beta" version which is 2.2.0.18..... I could not get the .20 to work...which version are you refering to on the Skype page that is "similar number to S710" that works on the E650 which I also have ?? :rolleyes: :P

Guest GuyAdams

The beta you have attached here is actually a previous version to the one on the Skype website.

If have a Vox, you need to download the HTC S620 version which works perfectly on the Vox.

I have heard reports that Orange has decertified skype as a verified publisher and hense some E650 users cannot install the version on the website. I CANNOT verify this as being true so dont blame me if its not the case.

Thanks

Guest Egmel
Just downloaded Skype "Version: 2.2.0.36 Release date: June 11, 2007" from Skype Website, selected HTC S620.

Installed cab onto my Orange SPV E650, and all working fine. I even received a call 2 minutes after installing it.

Excellent stuff

Installed fine for me too, though I don't know why they automatically change your home screen, that's worse than bits of software that try to change your default home in internet explorer on your PC. I thought we'd moved away from that years ago.