PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
In that case TomTom is doing something VERY odd in their code generation. In an ideal world they'd look at this CAB and determine what was causing the conflict, but, er, I won't hold my breath on that one :rolleyes:

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

J.L. Bloem

J.L. Bloem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Paul, thanks alot for your effort :rolleyes:

It worked like a charm, and i love the original start menu, and such.

Havent installed any apps yet, but i don't really need other apps.

Keep up the good work :P

tomdbomb61

tomdbomb61

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Dj'in funky house , new technology( mobiles), cars, and The Office!
Working now, installed and all good, thanks Paul

"money dont make my world go round.......im reaching out to a higher ground"(Sir David of Brent)

Car- Clio 182
Phone- SPV e100, de cert, unlocked, Bootloader v.93 ;) , MPX200, E650

Radeon12345

Radeon12345

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD - Dutty v1.7
Awesome work :rolleyes:

Installed 0.2 on my Orange E650 without doing a hard reset and it de branded it perfectly :P

paholman

paholman

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
HI Paul,

I got it to work with the original 0.1 Fix Pack, but this time I rebooted phone after the unlocker, and again after the De-Brand.

I'll Hard Reset again and try the new latest Fix Pack (0.2), and let you know

Thanks

echolock

echolock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@atdotdavid
Installed this and it works a treat! Thanks Paul :rolleyes:

Oh I didn't do a hard reset either.

A long-time lurker disguised as a newbie.
SPV E200 (HTC Voyager) -> SPV C500 (HTC Typhoon) -> SPV C600 (HTC Tornado) -> SPV E650 (HTC Vox) -> MDA Compact IV (HTC Victor/Diamond) -> Nexus One (HTC Passion)

paholman

paholman

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Pack updated to 0.2.

Changes include an additional tweak to (hopefully) help fix the install problem, and a small change that may remove the TomTom issue - paholman, may be worth resetting again and using this new version. If it still presents a problem, then i'm REALLY confused :D

You should also no longer need to rerun the Orange unlocker.

P

Paul.

Excellent Work!!! All working now.

:rolleyes:

It's a shame the guys at Orange/HTC haven't put in the time, effort or dedication that you have to release a fix to this problem. :D

You are a credit to the Windows Mobile community!

:P

Thanks again for your assistance

Cheers,

Paul

neopbm

neopbm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:SPV E650
All went fine for me with the de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.2
I did not reset the phone.

Thanks for the time spent :rolleyes:

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts

If you shell out your hard earned on a phone (like I and the rest of you guys have), then you have a right firstly for it to function correctly (as in the case of the install problem) and secondly to choose not to have the look and feel bastardised just because you're with a particular operator.

I fully appreciate the work Orange put into their brand etc., but I think the end user should be able to turn the customisations off, particularly when it's an ugly, poorly thought out implementation as in the case of the E650, definitely the worst offender yet.

Altho' I get a fair few phones sent to me, I still buy enough myself to know what it feels like to be a real consumer!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Sp00k

Sp00k

N00B

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Hedgehog-Sexing<br />&amp; Dwyle-Flonking
  • Devices:N95

>snip< I fully appreciate the work Orange put into their brand etc... >snip<

I most certainly don't appreciate the work that they put into it, particularly when Orange have a well-deserved reputation of introducing OS complications along with crippling the features of some handsets when doing so! ... e.g. Recently, the VOIP facility was found to have been removed from the Orange-branded version of the Nokia N95, much to the annoyance of many purchasers.

The last handset I bought was SIM-free, thus ensuring a virginal phone that hadn't been tampered with. Had Paul been able to release his de-branding code sooner, the SPV E650 would have been amongst my list of devices to consider... It would appear from their reluctance to supply devices to the reviewers, that Orange fail to realise the influence that high-membership sites such as Modaco have on would-be purchasers who are members... and on their friends who ask their advice!!

Orange, by clumsily branding your handsets... you are losing customers... not to mention good-will! ... Although after your recent 30MB 'unlimited' Data Plan debacle, that good-will may take a LOT of regaining.

VulakAerr

VulakAerr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:HTC Mozart
Thanks very much, Paul. Worked a treat. And I do think it would be great if Orange would provide you handset earlier. MoDaCo tends to have the most indepth reviews and the tools you put out are a help to those who have the handsets.

P.S. I didn't hard reset either and it seems fine.

Tee Tee

Tee Tee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Many thanks for your hard work Paul. Working brilliantly on my E650.

Echo everyone else's comments about Orange!!

jackofall

jackofall

Inserst amusing text here .......

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Yes
  • Devices:Samsung i780

and secondly to choose not to have the look and feel bastardised just because you're with a particular operator.

Hi Paul,

I don't suppose you or another similarly skilled person could produce a pack for the i600

Smartphone - Stupid owner ;)

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
Yes I probably could, if Orange had sent me an i600 :rolleyes:

P

Posted Image

bigfellahull

bigfellahull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:E650
Hi.

I am having some trouble getting this to work.

I have downloaded the unlocking cab from orange and ran it according to the instructions in the email, however after it says something like "Success, security disabled" I get the windows busy icon and it seems to hang. I managed to switch it off, but when I try and install this cab, it says "it doesn’t have the correct privileges". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the unlocking cab from orange but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

EDIT: Im sorry, it seems I have spoken too soon. It seemed to work on the 4th try! Not sure if I did anything different but now everything is ok. Thanks very much Paul... it works a treat.

Edited by bigfellahull, 11 June 2007 - 04:50 PM.

Looby

Looby

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Diamond
Mine's the same :rolleyes:

Eureka! 6th attempt. Top man Paul :P

Edited by Looby, 11 June 2007 - 05:08 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
So the install bug stops the O unlocker installing basically.

Classic.

Just be patient and keep trying I guess!

P

Posted Image

bigfellahull

bigfellahull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:E650
Ok, I have come across another problem.

Being an absolute newbie at this, I uninstalled the fix and now have lost all the icons! I can’t even reinstall the cab... I have moved it to the My Documents folder; however I can’t access the My Documents folder on the phone!

I do have the Games folder on my start menu but I can seem to access the Windows folder using active sync... it doesn’t show up.

I would really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

I should point out I am using Vistas Sync Centre. I just need to be able to access the Accessories folder from my computer.

Edited by bigfellahull, 11 June 2007 - 05:39 PM.

DigiBob

DigiBob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks Paul. I thought I'd chance it without a hard reset and it installed fine. The only problem I have found is when I tried to run Tomtom. It asked me to activate the map and now comes up with a different product code. Was working okay before though.

Done mine today without the hard reset and all seems fine so far. Thanks Paul, excellent work. My SPV looks and feels much better without all that Orange rubbish on it.

paholman

paholman

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Done mine today without the hard reset and all seems fine so far. Thanks Paul, excellent work. My SPV looks and feels much better without all that Orange rubbish on it.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've finished installing all 29 cab files (Apps, Games, Tweaks) that I want on my phone.
Entering all the Registration Keys etc

The last thing I did was take a backup with Sprite.
The only thing I did before this, was sync my Contacts, Favourites, Folder, Tasks.

I found I wanted Modaco Do New and Inbox Extender.

Do new worked as it installs straight to phone, so the option of storage card was not there.
Inbox Extender gave the option, I chose Device (not Storage Card), and spinning wheel

I wonder if ActiveSync has anything to do with it??

Edited by paholman, 11 June 2007 - 05:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users